Monday, November 29, 2010

November Wrap-up

While Dan's been quite busy finishing his semester, working, and working at his internship, there have been many days where he doesn't see McKenna at all. :( I try to document the day-to-day things here and there so he can still be able to "see" her.
I love that she actually "posed" (stood still) for most of these pictures. :)

Eating lunch- I just love this face!
Movies in the fireplace- she's posing and saying "cheese."
Getting ready to swim at the Rec Center
Building "towers."
She's smart enough to put these blocks on the tile so they stand up better.
Visiting the pet store. It helps her be a little more brave around animals.
I was trying to get a pictures of her playing with her shadow, but she wanted to pose facing me.
LOVE this face!
I got some cute videos of her talking too. Favorite moment: when she says, "Stop taking picture for me."

I had no idea what she was pointing at up high or what she was talking about, but loved the last 15-20 seconds the most.

Here are the only pictures I took of our Thanksgiving weekend. We ate our big meal with Dan's family in Mantua (pictures to follow). All of Dan's siblings (and families) were there minus his oldest and youngest brothers. Then we went to my mom's parent's for dessert and more fun visiting with family!
We were so excited that my parents came to town for a quick visit, aka "McKenna fix." Here's my mom bouncing Kenna on her lap and singing to her.

Dan's family had an extra ticket for the big BYU/UTAH rivalry game and was nice enough to invite my dad to attend. From the looks of it, these guys were pretty happy about the results! Me? Not so much... ;)
Again, here's McKenna posing for pictures with her adoring grandparents!

Had to squeeze in one last round of ring around the rosies. Too bad she doesn't get a lot of attention when family's around. ;)
We are so blessed and have so much to be thankful for! A home, clothing, food, employment, graduate school, eternal families, and the restored gospel!

7 comments:

Butler Family said...

it will be good to look back on those pictures later and just smile. so glad your family could come in town even if it was only for a short amount of time, sounds like you had a great thanksgiving:)

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Oh La, she is so cute. I wish I could understand her, but her little voice is adorable :) And, I am totally jealous of you being able to see the grandparents. I want to see them enjoy MY kids :p And, it was super nice of Dan's parents to invite Dad!!! Go UTES!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Also, that picture of Dad and Kenna is a great picture of dad :) That is all.

Kris and Teresa said...

such cute pictures! I love it when they will actually look at the camera

Laura said...

Oh my goodness, Scott about had an ulcer watching that BYU/UofU game... I think I even saw some tears. He was SOOO upset. McKenna looks so cute! I love the pictures of her and your mom together. Priceless!

katie b. p. said...

SHE IS SO CUTE! I love ring around the rosie! We play that in nursery all the time. Can't wait to see baby #2! Any names yet?

Mickellerox said...

Boo Utes! But this is a fun post. I have watched those videos at least a dozen times. My super favorite is when Kenna goes to take a picture of herself by pushing the camera to her face and saying "cheese". It's ultra precious. :)