Friday, November 19, 2010

Pregnancy #2

Week 24
Week 26
Week 28
Week 31
Week 34 (growth spurt for sure!)
It's also fun to see how my hair has grown.
I've been thinking a lot lately about how different this pregnancy has been from my first. Not so much physically, but mentally and emotionally. I'm pretty sure it's due to the fact that we've been trying to sell our condo and move into this home (which is still on the market and hasn't had any other offers besides ours).

-Nesting- A very REAL instinct! Don't get me wrong, with each showing we've had on our condo, I've had plenty of opportunities for CLEANING. However, because I don't know where we'll be when the baby comes, I haven't even thought about moving McKenna into a toddler bed and getting baby brother's room ready. I haven't been able to wash and organize all the boy clothes we've received either. It's killing me!
-Ultrasound video- When I was pregnant with McKenna, I'm pretty sure I watched her 20 week ultrasound 4-5 times. This time around, we haven't watched baby boy's even once (besides in the doctor's office). This may be due to lake of time. But I really think it's because I'm having a hard time letting myself get excited, once again, because I don't know if we'll be in the new house by the time he comes or not.
-Reading- This time around, I'm not constantly reading about the baby's growth and development. I've even had weeks where I forget how far along I am. I'm not as anxious to count down this time because I want to know where we're going to live! Are you seeing a theme here?
-Overall Feeling "Prepared"- I was convinced if McKenna came early we would be ready and thrilled no matter what! This time, I DO NOT want baby boy to come any earlier than January 1! I want as much time as possible to move into the new house and get settled.

I've asked our realtor about the "what ifs." What if the baby DOES come early? How will we stage our condo for showings with all the baby stuff around? How will I clean while I'm trying to heal and recover? She hasn't really addressed any of these concerns because she wants us to keep thinking positively and I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

For now, I have to remember how WONDERFUL this pregnancy has been! I was hardly sick at all. I Never threw up. I was much more exhausted this time but thankfully had/have MANY opportunities for naps! I have exercised more. We've had very generous friends, family, and neighbors GIVE us baby boy clothes! I have had zero "complications:" excellent blood work results, baby growth, and weight gain. McKenna and Dan also have excellent health and Dan's almost done with his first semester (of three) in his master's program. I know Heavenly Father has a plan for us and we've learned a LOT about faith, patience, and submitting our will to His. The waiting game continues...

14 comments:

Kellie said...

you look great! i can't imagine how hard it would be to have so much up in the air though...we'll keep praying for your condo to sell quickly so you can get settled in your new place. (second time pregnancy is definitely differnet than the first!)

MichiganMarshes said...

Moving around the time a baby is born is pretty stressful (we just did it), but the good news is it can be done. You'll do great. Good-luck and we'll pray for you that he doesn't come early.

Mindy said...

If you ever need to talk to someone about the waiting game, I'm in. ;) Although, I am still waiting for at least four things you have (hubby, baby, baby on the way, home owner). :)

ME Moon said...

the waiting game is THE worst. i hope everything goes through quickly with the condo. let us know what help you need. mckenna can come here, justin can come help move stuff, etc. :)

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Awwww... You're such a cute preggo :) Hang in there. It make work out anyway!

Hksedwick said...

OHH man I hope it sells soon! I love your pregnancy pics!

Alyson said...

I've had to move while pregnant, but I've never had to sell or buy while pregnant. Bless your little heart.

The other differences between first and subsequent pregnancies are, IMO, pretty typical. It's still a wonder and a miracle, but it doesn't get quite the same hovering and constant attention it did the first time around. It's experience!

Casey Jensen said...

You are so beautiful. I felt the same way about baby #2. Plus he has such a cool due date! He needs to wait. : ) I hope things work out for you guys soon.

John and Jessica said...

Laura, you look great! :)

I do hope either one of us makes it to the due date because it is pretty awesome!! For your sake and your situation, I hope it's you! :) Good luck with selling, buying and moving!! Exciting times ahead for you and your little family!!

Are you guys making it down here again anytime relatively soon?

Kirsten said...

Darling belly photos-- you look great! Moving with a new baby has it's difficulties and if I had one bit of advice it would be to just take one day at a time. :). This next month is an exciting one for you guys. Can't wait to see pics of him :)

Laurie Marsh said...

WOW you look just GREAT! It takes a lot of patience and faith to get through this world, doesn't it? You are fabulous! Love you!

Butler Family said...

you really look great. I hope you sell your condo soon that can be so stressful we have had our house on the market for almost 11 months. hang in there everything will work out

Sara T. said...

Ok, honestly maybe I am weird but I don't see anything wrong with having baby stuff out when showing a house. I mean yeah you don't want a mess everywhere but It kind of helped me be like "yeah we could live here" because I could visualize how it would be with a baby in the house. I'll keep sending out good vibes for you guys!

Laura said...

Laura, you look great! You have such a cute little belly. I remember feeling the same with Lindsay... granted, we weren't trying to move... but I didn't read as much about the baby, I didn't prep as much... it was just different.

Congrats on having a boy too!!! I must have missed that post.. but I'll keep reading. :)