Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ben- Two Months

STATS
Height: 23.8 in (1.8 in increase in 6 weeks) 90th percentile
(*The pediatrician measured him different than the hospital)
Weight: 11.3 lb (2.8 lb increase in 6 weeks) 60th percentile
Head Circ: 15.4 in (1 in increase in 6 weeks) 40th percentile

Lots of pictures for the not-so-local family :)

Don't worry. Ben usually looks this terrified when his sister is this close to him. :)
Tummy time-
I love the progression of his head getting lower and lower.


More faces!


I know this one is super blurry, but it was too cute not to share. :)



Ben LOVES getting his diaper changed! It's crazy, I know! Here's proof of how happy he is on this changing table.

Other fun things about Ben at two months old:
  • More eye contact, smiles and cooing
  • Discovering his hands
  • Is now attending church regularly :)
  • Beginning to track things with his eyes
  • Recovering from a yeast infection because mom was on antibiotics (first breast infection=awful!)
  • Still cranes his neck to look around at everything
  • Not the best at taking regular naps yet. Some are 2+ hours. Others are 40 minutes... :/
  • Goes anywhere from 3-6 hours between feedings at night and always goes right back to sleep
  • Only cried for 10 seconds after his 2 month vaccines and then promptly fell asleep
  • Pretty terrified of big sister
LOVE you Ben!

16 comments:

Alyson said...

He's so cute! I can't believe how big he's getting. He took up a lot more real estate in that pic where you were holding both of them than I expected.

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Poor Cute Ben :) He is a pretty happy kid. And, actually, I prefer getting shots when they are little. They don't seem to cry as much! Love him, and thanks for the pictures!

Laurie Marsh said...

His smile is just precious! Beautiful babies! Thanks for sharing Laura!

Kris and Teresa said...

So cute! I can't believe that he is two months already!

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

TWO MONTHS?!?!? What the ...WHAT! He can't be 2 months yet! Fastest.Two.Months.Ever. Seriously. He is SO freakin cute. Wish I could snuggle him, and see the new pad! Someday...someday!

Unknown said...

He is darling! How fun.

Butler Family said...

oh my hay he is so dang cute!!! He seems like such a fun and happy baby and that sure makes the no sleep so much better

Melissa said...

He is growing so well, I am sorry about the infection that sounds painful

Scott and Kel said...

I cannot believe he is 2 months old already! He is so cute and makes big sis look really big ;) I'm sorry about the infection---NOT FUN! Been there, totally empathizing with you right now. Hope you're all doing great and hope we see you this spring/summer!

Becca said...

So much cuteness in one blog!!! :) He is a long boy, but that's good so then he can play some basketball! :) I love the terrified look on his face, poor Ben (I totally remember those days of being terrified of older siblings!). Thanks for sharing pictures and that video is so cute, stretching that neck and being so happy, what a great little boy! Love you all!!!!

Laura said...

Ben is a cutie pie! I love little babies. I miss all those cute things.

Sorry to hear about your breast infection! I had mastitis so many time with Lindsay... it was not fun. :( I feel your pain.

Mary said...

love it! more videos, please. love and miss you!

hillary and britton said...

he's such a cutie! Why is he so scared of McKenna!?

Mindy said...

It's okay, I have been pretty terrified of my big sister for 29 years now ... ;)

julie said...

What a sweet little boy! I love all his facial expressions! So sweet.

Mickellerox said...

I love listening to his tiny breaths through his tiny sinuses. *snorgles his cheeks*