Monday, May 16, 2011

5th Anniversary and Pre-Graduation

Dan and I celebrated our big 5th wedding anniversary on May 3rd! While I would like to do a super romantic post about how much we adore each other and how much we've been through the past 5 years together, I'll spare you all the mushy love stuff. Plus, Dan's still extremely busy doing school, work, and internship that we barely had time to even go on a date!

We went to one of my favorite restaurants (Olive Garden), took Ben (because he would need to nurse while were gone), and even had a little excitement while we were there. Our waiter spilled my Italian cream soda on the table, the glass broke, and in the process of trying to save it, spilled the other two drinks he was carrying on his tray. It really was quite impressive nothing actually got on us. But the manager gave us free dessert anyway! :)
Dan also had these gorgeous flowers delivered to our house with a beautifully written card!
After the lily burst open!
I'm eternally grateful that I married my best friend, Dan! He's the man! This past year hasn't been easy- master's program, buying and selling houses, moving, and having a new baby! I'm SO glad we've had each other to get through the difficult times and rejoice at all the happiness life brings! I can't wait to spend the next 5 X a million more years together! LOVE YOU DAN!
Speaking of Dan's master's program, he walked at the U's Spring graduation! He still has classes through the beginning of August, so he felt like the weekend was kind of anti-climactic. But we celebrated his accomplishment none the less! I did a little pre-graduation ceremony "photo shoot" with McKenna. Enjoy! :)
Classy, right?
A little bored?
Watching cars go by

Not so sure about being up in a tree
That's better!
Go Utes!
(Says McKenna. You all know I say Go Cougars!) ;)
I'll post the rest of the graduation pictures next...

4 comments:

Alyson said...

You two are doing great! Such a cute family.

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

That is a very cute picture of her in the U :)

Hksedwick said...

Congrats to Dan!! AND congrats on your anniversary!

I can't believe he spilled 3 drinks, but I am glad to hear you got dessert

Butler Family said...

Happy Anniversary:) Glad you guys got to go out even if it was a crazy night.