Friday, June 29, 2012

28th BD, Memorial Day, Old Roommates

I had a fabulous 28th birthday way back at the end of May!  First of all, when I scanned my card to get in at the gym that morning, the usual "Welcome" voice was replaced by a few bars of Beatles' "Birthday" song.  :) I received so many lovely and thoughtful FB birthday wishes, a few cards in the mail. phone calls, texts, and singing from my family members, some amazing smelling (Dark Kiss from Bath and Bodyworks) body wash, lotion and spray from my sister Mickelle, and a new necklace charm with Ben's name and birthstone from Dan.  Speaking of Dan, we were also able to go to dinner (Macaroni Grill) and attend the SLC temple the night of my birthday!  Thanks to our sister-in-law, Lara, for babysitting!  Then, a few days after my birthday, I was spoiled (an understatement really) once again by going out to dinner and then outfit shopping with Dan's parents!  Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE my in-laws?  Thanks, this time, to Dan's sister Sarah Jane for babysitting.  
Memorial Day weekend is always the weekend after my birthday.  The Webster fam was all headed up to the Mantua Manor for the weekend, so the usual Sunday family dinner was up there where my birthday was also celebrated.  Dan's sister made a delicious brownie/fruit dessert pizza for my birthday cake!  SO YUM!  I think I had three helpings.   

I love my darling little family!  Thanks everyone for making it a special celebration! 
Dan's sister Sarah Jane ALSO had my name for the Webster birthday gift exchange.  She made this adorable "measuring stick" for us to measure our kids on as they grow!  Darling, huh?  She's so talented!  Now I just need to find a good place to hang it.  

Here's a cute picture of me snuggling McKenna while the family went for a walk while at Mantua.  The Summer temps hadn't quite hit yet.  Brrrr.
Memorial Day evening, the Webster fam left Mantua and we all headed to a Bee's Baseball game.  So fun!  
Cute hugging cousins.  
Dan and I were both lucky enough recently to be able to see some of our past favorite roommates.  Dan's old roommate, Jon V., was in town to bless is first baby (boy).  AND, his old roommate Dave M. has just moved back to Utah!  Hooray! 
I'm lucky enough to have three of my past favorite roommates all have ties to UT so they always come back to visit.  One roommie, Britt, was passing through UT on her way to NM for her husband's Summer internship.  Hillary thankfully lives here (we need to hang out more), and Heather was in town for the Ragnar Relay Race.  We have all had babies now and all had GIRLS first!  My kids were thankfully home napping during our Sunday afternoon get-together, but aren't their children beautiful?  Thanks again for  keeping in touch ladies!    



2 comments:

Alyson said...

Looks like a pretty great birthday and HEY I recognize that place now ;) I love the measuring stick. We call ours a tall wall. So great to have it all in one place, and one portable place for when you move maybe into another house.

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all. Yay!