Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Lagoon!

I'm so grateful for my father-in-law's work day at Lagoon!  Otherwise, we would probably never get to go there.  It's so pricey!  Anyway, we went at the beginning of August.  The first ride you come to in Kiddie Land is Bulgy the Whale.  We probably should have let Ben watch the ride once to see how it worked.  Poor little dude was NOT happy with us.  
I love how happy McKenna is though.  
Thankfully, he forgave us and went on many more rides! 
Although his face was quite serious most of the time.  Hardly ever cracked a smile.


This one, I was pretty nervous to watch him on.  I didn't realize how fast it went and the "helicopters" swing out like you see in one of the pictures below with McKenna.  He managed to stay upright and didn't fall out.  Thank goodness for tight seat belts.
This is another one that kind of flung Ben around a little.  He almost tipped on his side. :)
McKenna is our little dare devil!  She wants to go on the biggest and fastest rides she's tall enough for!  Daddy gets to ride with her most of the time since something has obviously changed in my old age.  Most rides now make me sick, sick, sick... Too bad that makes me a boring mom.  She rode several rides 4 and 5 times.


We also loved cooling off and getting soaked on the Rattlesnake Rapids.  McKenna even let me take her on the Terror Ride.  Though, I'm pretty sure her eyes were covered the entire time.

We got to meet up with some cousins too!  
(They were probably having a little argument about who could ring the bell.)



On the huge ferris wheel.
I love how Ben can't take his eyes off the lovely view to look at the camera. :) 
This one is my favorite!  I love that McKenna is looking back at Ben as if to say, "Isn't this the BEST?!"  


Yummy Dip 'n Dots! 
All of us on the carousel.  Can you spot me way in the back?
I have such fond memories of this place.  When my family would vacation to Utah every Summer, we would always squeeze in a visit to Lagoon.  Dan, on the other hand, had season passes and went a lot...he's a tad less enthusiastic to go, but loves to see the kids have so much fun. I hope my kids will love it as much as I did! 
 Thanks again Gpa Webster!  

4 comments:

Alyson said...

I just love Lagoon. So glad you got to go and your kiddies had fun!

ME Moon said...

you aren't the boring mom! i've got the same rides-make-me-sick thing going on and i've decided that makes me the bag holder/picture taker ;) which is good because most rides you can't take your loot on with you and you really can't take pictures of yourself on the ride very well either.

Kris and Teresa said...

How fun! My kids love Lagoon.

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

I know. I say this every time. But, I can't get over it. Some of those face, La... They are yours. Exactly! Those are some really cute pictures, and they look like they had tons of fun! Also, I am jealous our kids can't hang out like they do with their other cousins. I think you should move by me. Yeah. Pretty sure that is the best solution ;)