Monday, May 6, 2013

The Rest of April

Dan's annual work symposium each April was held at the Zermatt resort and spa in Midway, Utah.  We only stayed one night this time and Dan's parents were wonderful enough to watch our kiddos for 24 hours.  

We woke up to a few inches of snow.  This was my view while going for a morning walk on the treadmill.  So pretty!  I then enjoyed room service breakfast while Dan was already out at his meetings. :)  
 Next, I spoiled myself with a Signature Swiss facial at the spa.  I have such a rough life! ;) I had lunch with Dan and then went to the outlets in Park City to spend some gift card money.  Kind of refreshing to go shopping without kids.  
When Dan finished with the conference, we went to dinner in Salt Lake and then joined some of the Nelson family at the airport to welcome home one of his cousins from her mission in Italy.  Such a lovely day! 

On an entirely different note, McKenna has been honing in her photography skills. :) 
 The kids like to wrestle and Ben often sits on her face.  
 They also play horse.  
 Some cute snuggles. 
 Waiting for preschool friends to show up on my last turn to teach.  I didn't even pose them like this.  
 With the kids now sharing a room, we've been transitioning Ben to a big boy bed- aka the bottom bunk with Kenna on the top.  One step closer to being ready for baby #3.  He's doing quite well considering we've moved him to a big kid bed earlier than we did McKenna and he's much less verbal than she was.  Naps have pretty much stayed the same.  The nights haven't gone as well.  For the first few nights he kept getting up at 3am and coming in our room to say "hi."  
 We eventually put a child's lock on the inside of their room so he couldn't come out and we found him like this a few nights in a row.  Things are starting to finally look up though; I think he's beginning to realize his bed is actually more comfortable than the floor.  :) 

3 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Totally a brother thing to do to sit on your face. I can imagine this continuing, and him saying something like "Smell my fart". Love the two of them in the window waiting. And it takes them a few times to figure out their beds are more comfortable than the floor. I am impressed Kenna stays in bed while he is up playing!

Mary said...

that last picture cracks me up. can't wait to see you guys later this month!!

Brittany said...

Lar - your kids are darling! I can't wait to meet #3!