Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Mar- Week 4- Jazz Game, Aviary, Wreath, Some of Spring Break

Monday, McKenna had a friend over to play and they played pet shop with this cute sign.  
Monday evening, Dan got some tickets to the Jazz game through work and took Ben. He loved the ice cream! 

Wednesday was $1 day at the Tracy Aviary.  We went with the Stewart cousins.  They loved the flamingos.  
Thursday, McKenna's school hosted a moms and muffins event in the morning before school.  It was lots of fun to be with her and a read a story or two together!  
McKenna also had a neighbor friend over to play in the afternoon and they played restaurant using this menu.  I was pretty impressed with her spelling!  
I also bought supplies for and started working on this wreath.  I got the design idea from a "Six Sisters" recipe book.  
We did some yard work in the evening and our Home Teachers came over.  

Friday, we went to a neighbor's house for a BD party for their 1 year old.  They went ALL OUT!  Balloon structures, awesome spread of food, music, and a bounce house!  The kids loved it!  Then we came home and babysat two of the Stewart cousins and I finished my wreath.  

Saturday, I took the girls grocery shopping (with matching hair-dos) while Dan did yard/house work with Ben.  Then McKenna and I rushed off to a baptism for a set of twins I teach in my primary class. 
In the afternoon, Dan helped the YM aerate lawns for their fundraiser while I did some more yard work (yes, we always have a lot that needs to be done!).  

Saturday evening was the General Women's Broadcast.  I got to go to dinner at Kneaders with these awesome sisters and mother-in-law of mine!  A couple nieces came along as well.  Love them all!  
Dan and the kids went over to his brother, David's house, for pizza and a movie.  While the kids were watching a movie, Dan helped David put together a new basketball standard for their driveway.  
Sunday, Ben gave his first talk in Primary about prophets.  
Translation: "...His name is President Thomas S. Monson.  He builds churches and temple.  We can listen to whatever is righteous.  I'm glad... I'm glad I could give this talk about prophets.  In the name... In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."
Pretty irreverent to take pictures and video, I know, but it was his first time!
It won't happen again.  ;) 

Sunday we also had Webster family dinner and Grandma and Grandpa spoiled the kids with matching Easter outfits!  Pretty difficult to get a nice group shot of them though.  ;)  
Monday started McKenna's SPRING BREAK!  We also noticed she had had pink cheeks for a few days and realized it probably wasn't a sunburn, but actually Fifths Disease.  Nothing too terrible for her to handle since her rash was slightly itchy.  

Monday, we also went with the Stewart and Winegar cousins and grandma to the Conference Center downtown in hopes to get the kids excited about the upcoming General Conference.  
That evening we attended the monthly Nelson Family Birthday Party.
Tuesday, Dan decided to take off work and be with us for at least part of Spring Break.  
We took the kids to the theater to see "Home" with the purple alien guy.  
Because of all the popcorn, we had a light lunch, and then some quiet time.  

I headed to my OB's office for some bloodwork to make sure I hadn't caught McKenna's Fifths Disease, which can be dangerous for baby #4.  Results still pending because I had to get follow-up blood work two weeks later.  
When I got back, we went up to Grandma's house to take advantage of the winds that day and we flew kites!  

That evening we just stayed at Grandma's house for a little BBQ dinner with us, them, and Sam and Lara.  More Spring Break happenings on the next post. 

4 comments:

Becca said...

Hope all is well with your blood work! yikes. Cute kids as always and I just love those Anna's cheeks!!!! :)

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Ben's talk is super cute. AndKenna's spelling is pretty great! I want to see the finished wreath!

Alyson said...

On the menu, what went with the peach pie? That's the only part I can't read. Seriously, do you guys ever just sit at home and relax? You have all these millions of things going on every week.

K Thompson said...

Loved the pictures of the two girls on the steps. Ben did a super job on his talk. Oh My Goodness! What a Wonderful Bunch of Grandchildren! Dave and Sylvia must be Thrilled!!! Happy Easter, the best Easter Ever!!!