Saturday, April 25, 2015

Apr- Week 1- Spring Break, Easter, General Conference

Before I finish posting about Spring Break, I need to post some pictures from the Easter Egg hunt we had at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  We waited outside till everyone got there.  


Then there was a mad dash!  So much candy to be had!
 
Another shot of an attempt at the grandchild picture (missing two kids).  
 I think the girls loved their new dresses!
Wednesday, April 1st, since Dan had to work just the kids and I headed up to Mantua for a quick overnighter with some Webster cousins.  The kids played hard and loved taking trips to the "candy store."  After the kids went to bed, the grown-ups watched Theory of Everything.  
Thursday, we ate breakfast, cleaned up, and left Mantua by 9:15 since Ben and Truman had to be back for cousin Oliver's 4th birthday party.  McKenna stayed up in Mantua a little longer and Brynn brought her home after the boys were done at the birthday party.  I worked on unpacking and later that day babysat cousins Eli and Lola.  That evening, McKenna and I went to a double baby shower for two of Dan's cousins.  While were gone, Dan took these great pictures of Anna.  She kept saying, "Ben...Hi."
 Friday, I did a bunch of Spring cleaning and later in the afternoon we went to our neighborhood Easter egg hunt.  
 We live in such a great neighborhood!  
 Then we went home and started dying/painting our own Easter eggs.  
 (Ben had a little mis-hap with the ketchup during dinner at Wendy's (bottom left)... as in, he was going to "drink" it and Dan tapped the little cup in his face.  Good times!)  

 We continued with the tradition my family had growing up of having the Easter Bunny come Friday night. Saturday morning we eat tons of candy, enjoy a few toys in our baskets, and then on Sunday we could focus more on the true meaning of Easter.  Anna had a blast digging right into the candy as soon as she came out of the bedroom while the older kids filled their baskets.  
Later Saturday we enjoyed listening to General Conference, did more yard work, grocery shopping, then went to grandma's house for our traditional soup, salad, and donuts during the Priesthood session of General Conference.  

Easter Sunday we had french toast with my siblings, listened to General Conference, then attended the afternoon session in the Conference center while my siblings babysat.  Here's Anna snuggling my sister.  She laid like this for a couple minutes.  
April 5th, 25 weeks pregnant.  Enjoying the beautiful flowers on Temple Square! 
Sunday evening, we went to Dan's parents' house for some popcorn, Ugurt, and a General Conference recap with the Nelson family.  

We're so grateful for the wonderful and inspired messages we heard throughout the weekend that will help us be better people!  

Monday, was a pretty normal day.  Laundry, homework with McKenna, McKenna to gymnastics, then planning preschool and finishing my UEN class for teacher relicense points.  

Tuesday, Dan and I had a meeting about life insurance and then had a lovely lunch date while my brother and then Dan's mom babysat.  

Wednesday, I ran errands in the rain, then went to an educational Essential Oils lunch at Dan's sister's house.  That night I packed for a Webster girls' trip to San Francisco!  So fun!!

2 comments:

K Thompson said...

You capture the fun so naturally. It really gives us a peak into your life. I love it. Makes me feel like I'm really there - a million miles away. Thanks Laura

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Love Anna with the slippers and sunglasses! And Benny's ketchup face is pretty classic!