Sunday, June 14, 2015

May- Week 2- Mother's Day, Preschool Grad/Zoo, Hike, McK Concert/7 Continents

Ben has been crawling under our bed lately and he found Dan's remote control helicopter, so Dan's been teaching him how to fly it.  It's all fun and games until it gets too close to your head/hair.  
 Sunday-Mother's Day!  This is Dan's mom and dad loving the new picture of all the grandkids! 
30 Weeks Pregnant!  
 Here are some of my cute notes/cards I got from the kids.  They both wrote they really like it when I "play with them."  

 They were so cute and took me in the (at the time) empty bedroom, set me up with a pillow and blanket, then gave me my presents.  I got a new step stool, a Family Home Evening job chart, and this poster decorated with each member of our family. 
And these beautiful flowers!  I also got to FaceTime with my mom down in Chile.  I'm so thankful for her and all she sacrificed/sacrifices to be a wonderful mother and grandma!  
(A little out of order)  Tuesday, Dan took McKenna on a hike with the Young Women of the ward.  They are "training" for their bigger hike they will do during their summer camp.  
 
Monday, we had lunch with Dan at his office.  We like to do this about every 3 or 4 months... just enough time for his co-workers to forget how disruptive we can be to their work day. ;) 
That evening we hosted Ben's preschool buddies and their families for dinner and a little graduation ceremony.  We watched a slideshow of all the pictures we took throughout the year.  It was so fun to be their teacher (every three weeks) and see him love his letters and love learning.  






 

 
 We also discovered the "dubsmash" app. :) 
Tuesday, while Dan was on the hike, we helped babysit the YW President's son which happens to be one of Ben's preschool friends.  They had fun with our dress-ups.  And miss Anna was acting a little like McKenna Jr. "talking" on her phone and having some princesses talk to each other.  
Wednesday, I ran a bunch of errands and in the afternoon the kids played outside with friends a lot.  
Thursday, we had our last preschool event-- a Zoo day!  They loved the dinosaur displays.  







I loved seeing Ben try to put up "two fingers" so he could touch the back of a turtle's shell.  And the train ride is always a favorite! 
Thursday evening McKenna had a Spring concert.
 
McKenna even had a little speaking part.  She thanked her parents for choosing LPA (Legacy Prep Academy), "I love learning here." Then she asked everyone to exit through the East doors. :)  Everyone got a good laugh about that.  
Then we headed to a "soft opening" for Dan's brother's shave ice shack, Hokulia, in Sugar House.  It was so delicious!  Can't wait to go there all the time this Summer! 
 Dan's also been working on this project in our yard.  We want to turn this "flower bed" (really a weed bed) into grass.  So the railroad tie border needed to be pulled out first.  Thanks to LOTS of sweat and pain and help from a few neighbors it's done!
Before
After
Now to fill in the trenches, grade, and grass!

 This was Anna's set-up one day while I was getting ready for the day.  I gave her the pillow, but she brought everything else: books, blanket, and milk.  
Other cute pictures of Anna: She's been asking more frequently for a book to read in her crib.  One day when I went to get her up from her nap, she was just chillin', waiting patiently and reading.  
 Friday, I got to volunteer at McKenna's school for the Kindergarten 7 Continents Culminating Activity.  I volunteered to be in charge of the Australia station.  The kids had a "passport" and a suitcase for souvenirs.  I gave the kids a paper boomerang to color and I made some "Anzac Biscuits" (cookies) for the kids to try.  I was surprised at how many of them turned down the cookies.  (History: They became popular in Australia during war time because their ingredients were inexpensive and easy to find.  They're made with honey, coconut, oats, butter, brown sugar... but no eggs.) *The bottom picture is from the night of McKenna's Spring Concert/art extravaganza.  This was her art that was on display.  It's a beautiful fish! 
Friday evening, we had a lovely family night with dinner and a movie.  
Saturday, I had another all-day class for teacher relicense points and then we had pizza and finished the movie we started the night before.  
Sunday, after church, naps, and a nacho dinner, we went for a walk around the neighborhood and delivered some treats to some neighbors.  

3 comments:

Alyson said...

Everybody is just so cute. Totes excited for that new baby to come out, but until then I'll just enjoy Anna lying in bed and ¡reading!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

I love your new FHE board! Where did you get it? Also, Ben's face is so expressive! Love it :) Anna is so sweet, just reading and waiting for you!

Becca said...

You look great at 30 weeks!!! So excited to see pictures of this little one! Ben is growing up so fast, and touching the turtle with 2 fingers is awesome. I also LOVED Anna laying in bed and reading. Adorable!!! :)