Tuesday, June 23, 2015

May- Week 3- Nelson Fam Party, Mary, Swim Lessons, Mantua, My BD

Monday, we attended the monthly Nelson Family BD party celebrating MAY birthdays (that's me!). :)  The weather and traffic made attendance pretty low, but it was still a fun evening!  
Tuesday, one of my best friends (since 4th grade!), Mary, came for a visit from Maryland!   She brought her sweet 3.5 year old daughter and some delicious Kneaders for lunch.  I so loved talking with her and catching up!  
 Wednesday, I went visiting teaching and got visit taught.  Dan was also in a little car accident.  An older gentleman was making a U-turn and Dan was apparently in his blind spot when he made the turn. Just a little whiplash, but thankfully Dan was fine.

 Thursday, the kids had their last day of swim lessons.  I was pleasantly surprised by how much Ben improved.  McKenna is still quite timid when she gets in water where she can't touch.  But overall, they had a great experience!  The rock climbing pictures were after the lessons.  
 Funny story about Anna.  I got out of the shower one day and it was really quiet.  Ben was watching a show and I noticed Anna's bedroom door was closed.  I opened it to find her sitting reading books and snuggling her blanket with her binki in.  She knows she is only supposed to have her binki and blanket IN her crib when it's time to sleep.  Busted! The room also smelled like she had pooped and she waved at me and said in her own little words, "Go -way."  Such a funny little peanut.  She also continues to have a love for "heh-bans" (headbands) as you can see by her wearing 4 and holding another 3.  
Friday, we went up to Mantua with 4 other families from our ward, the Jensens, Roths, Lewises, and Walkers.   The kids had a blast playing with each other; we hardly ever saw McKenna and Ben!  The evening everyone arrived, we had pizza and some were brave enough to go swimming even though the temperature outside was in the upper 60s.

Notice the jackets.

Saturday was even colder with more rain, so we tried to do fun indoor things, like painting nails while listening to Disney songs.  :) 
There were also Ranger rides.  


More time with friends.

Saturday also happened to be my 31st Birthday and Ryan Jensen's birthday as well!  So I bought myself an ice cream cake and our friends sang to us.  
These cute sisters had a selfie session!

Saturday, after cleaning up at Mantua, we headed home and my sister babysat while Dan and I went on a birthday date!  We had dinner at Farmington Station (Parkstone Wood Kitchen), then a little shopping, and then we ran errands to look for some bedding for Anna for her big girl bed.  

2 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Anna's cute face in her hands, and the cute headbands are awesome. And I am so pleased the kids did well in their swimming lessons!

Becca said...

I love seeing you and Mary together! :) What fun! Anna is talking so well!!!!! YAY! Cute kids, and I love the picture of Anna with her chin resting in her hands.