Monday, June 15, 2015

May- Week 4- Memorial Day, Gymnastics Show, Field Day, BD date

Sunday after church we headed back up to Mantua for Memorial Day with the Webster Fam.  After a BBQ dinner we took a rainy walk to the cemetery to visit Dan's Webster Grandparents.  

It started raining pretty steadily on the way back to the house.  Some people still walked, some rode in cars.  We saw a beautiful rainbow too!  We also celebrated May birthdays, so I opened some presents and blew out candles.  :)  The kids stayed up way too late playing, watching movies, and singing "Let It Go!" for us.  We also played Farkle and I won!!  
Lovely picture of me, eh?
Monday, Memorial Day, we ate breakfast, the kids played, and we pretty much tried to kill time to see if it would warm up enough to go swimming.  
Anna loves playing with her baby cousins!  
Some went for walks around the lake.  
It did finally warm up to the high 60s* low 70s*.  Many went swimming, though I sat this one out.  
There were ranger rides to the "candy" store too.  
 We cleaned up and left around 3:30.  The kids were certainly worn out on the drive home.  ;) 
The rest of the day at home was yard work, grocery shopping, a little laundry, and an early bedtime for all of us.  
Tuesday, I had a doctor's appointment and all looked well.  That evening, McKenna had a gymnastics show/demonstration.  She did great!  (I'm kind of relieved we're taking a break from gymnastics for the Summer. ;))  




Check out her bars routine here.
Floor routine here.
Vault routine here.
(I only got pictures of her beam routine.  No video.)
Awards here.     
As per McKenna's request, we celebrated at ColdStone.  Yummm!
Wednesday we went to the park with cousins.  In the evening, Dan's mom came to babysit so I could attend the combined YM/YW activity with Dan (they invited the Bishopric wives).  They played fun games and had a chocolate fountain for refreshments.  Later that night, Dan and I spent about an hour filling almost 200 water balloons for McKenna's field day the next day. Gotta get those volunteer hours somehow. ;) 
Thursday, I volunteered at McKenna's school Field Day.  
For one of the stations, the students got to throw water balloons at their teacher.  BUT, if she caught it, she was allowed to throw it back at them.  McKenna's teacher just kind of tossed whatever she caught back into the crowd.  
That evening, Dan had a few appointments, so I pawned Ben off to a neighbor and took the girls to a wedding reception for our sister-in-law's sister.  A very lovely event with Ugurt catering!  :) 
Friday, Dan's parents took us out for my birthday date.  We went to dinner at Farmington Station again (this time Twigs Bistro).  Then we went to Hokulia for their grand opening luau!  
They had some shave ice eating contests and some professional hula dancers.



Both Dan and I enjoyed helping with the audience participation.  

Saturday, we did more yard work, grocery shopping, then headed to a reunion with a few of Dan's good friends from the Institute Council when he was at UVU.  McKenna came down with a mysterious fever that night, so I stayed home from church with her the next day.  

Anna started quoting me..."What the heck?" : /  Pretty cute though.  ;) 
Sunday evening, we had dinner at my siblings' apartment.  I captured this nice squish-face snuggle from Anna. 

1 comment:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

You guys are so busy all the time. I don't know how you maintain your sanity. And that Anna video is so dang cute! Kenna's gymnastics looks awesome too! Good job Kenna!