Sunday, August 23, 2015

July- Week 4- Part 2: A and P Sealing,

Saturday, we had a newborn photo shoot with Aunt Lara.  Here's a teaser.  

I'll give her photo shoot a post of it's own.  :)

I went grocery shopping with McKenna while Dan did yard work (our typical Saturday).   That evening we were privileged to attend the sealing of Dan's youngest brother Adam to his wife and daughter!  Hooray for eternal families!  Grandfather performed the sealing for Adam, Pidi, and baby Amelia and it was very sweet and tender. Being 10 days post delivery, I was of course pretty emotional; it was also my first time leaving Bethany. I nursed her right before I left and as soon and I got home.  She hardly noticed I was even gone. ;)  But I sure missed her!  
Group selfie on the steps


I had a really memorable experience in the temple that day after the sealing. Dan and I were walking back through the halls of the temple to get our shoes, and as I turned one of the corners I was overwhelmed with the presence and thought of my Grandpa Dave (Thompson) who just passed away July 6th.  He LOVED working in the Salt Lake Temple and would take us on a "tour" behind the scenes any chance he got.  I saw him "play" numerous rolls in the endowment sessions.  He loved to share and talk about the history of the temple as well.  At that moment, I started crying almost uncontrollably and had to stop and sit for a few minutes in the marriage waiting room to process it all.  I sure miss my grandpa but was thankful that day to feel him near! 
That night we enjoyed a yummy Brazilian style dinner with the Webster family and Pidi's family to celebrate their sealing.  

Sunday while I stayed home from church, I watched Oklahoma and wrote thank you notes.  
Some of the many faces of Bethany.  
Crazy milk drunk/sleepy eyes.
Anna sharing her babydoll.  
Bethany started taking more naps in her crib.  
Dan took the kids up to Webster Sunday dinner while I stayed home.  
Monday, Dan officially went back to work.  I actually felt motivated enough to meet two of my sisters-in-law at a park to let the kids play with their cousins.  We packed a lunch but it ended up being kind of cold and windy so we ate at home.  My dad had come down with a cold so my parents stayed away for a few days.  My friend Kyrenia brought dinner that night and we drove around a delivered thank you notes.  

Tuesday the older kids went to their Summer movie.   Unfortunately, Ben came home not feeling too well.  He napped later in the day and seemed to be fine by the next day.  I took Bethany for her two week check-up.  The doctor pulled off her cord because he said it was "ready."  And she was back up to birth weight!!  We stopped by Dan's work on the way home to show her off a little to Dan's coworkers.  Dinner was provided by our friend Jacquie that night.  Later that evening my mom brought over some kinetic sand she had made for the kids to play in.  


After the kids were in bed, our friends the Hamblins came by for a visit.  Even later that night, Dan joined some of his brothers, his dad, and nephew Reed for "Ant Man" to celebrate Reed's BD.  
Dan came home around 1am to find Ben awake and wanting daddy snuggles.  So he ended up sleeping with us all night.  This was my view while up nursing in the middle of the night.  
Wednesday Grandma Kelly came over with another fun activity for the kids-- SNOW (baking soda and shaving cream)!  They even got to add vinegar at the end to see it bubble up.  
This was a great day for me to play with my kids, a lot!  I played Cupcake Race with Ben, Barbies and frisbee with McKenna, and then kids threw two "parties" for Dan and I to attend in the basement (a cowboy party for Dan, and queen party for me).  Love their cute imaginations!  
Thursday the kids had a fun playdate at the Jensen's house.
My friend Molly came by for a visit in the afternoon.  
Anna is always so sweet when she wakes up from her nap.  She says "Hi" to Bethany about 100 times.  

My friend Melissa Smith brought dinner.  Then my mom made "slime" (starch, glue, and purple sand) with the kids outside.  
Enjoying some otter pops too.


Still can't get over the size difference of my babies!  
Friday was a pretty regular day.  In the evening we hung out with my parents, my sister, and our friend from Virginia, Bonnie and her two sweet kids.  We had a pizza picnic at Bountiful Park.  Then we went back to my house for root beer floats and playing outside. 
 My dad said good bye since he'd be leaving the next morning to head back to Chile.  

4 comments:

Alyson said...

Yay for temple sealings, new babies, memories of a sweet grandfather, and being surrounded by family!

K Thompson said...

New babies and goofy crafts are SO much FUN!!!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

You look freakin' awesome for 10 days postpartum! Sweet story of Grandpa. And I love your two babies! Anna is super sweet cuddling with Bethany :)

Becca said...

Well way to make me cry while reading your blog! Such a sweet moment to have in the temple. I love these faces of Bethany too, and Grandmas who make fun crafts!!! :)