Friday, August 7, 2015

July- Week 3- Hospital Time and Visitors

We had our first visitors around 8pm.  I love how Ben is "Shhhh"ing her. :) 


All my GIRLS! 
With my momma! 

Meeting my dad, Grandpa Mike.

Grandma and Grandpa Webster
Sam, Lara, and Hailey came too! 
Our family of 6!! 
After our first set of visitors, they wheeled us up to our new room.  
Dan went with Bethany for more assessments and her first bath.  I love that he gets to be the one to do it.  



All clean and getting monitored.  I love how they styled her hair.  



As soon as she came back to our room around 10:30ish, Adam, Pidi, and two week old cousin Amelia came for a visit.  


I love that all of my kids have had a cousin born the same year as them and always the same gender.  They'll be best friends!
Bethany spent a couple hours in the nursery that first night.  When they brought her to feed at 3:30am, I couldn't really wake her up enough to get her to latch, so I just snuggled her.  Then I tried to feed her again around 4:30 and ended up nursing off and on and snuggling till about 8:15am!  It was so fun!  Dan, thankfully slept fairly well in the tiny hospital chair which folds down.  I always love for him to stay with me the whole hospital stay even though it can be boring and uncomfortable for him.  He's the best and humors me and my needyness. :)  

The next morning, the pediatrician came for assessments.  
Then my brother stopped by.  
We ate breakfast then Dan's Aunt Rosalie visited and brought a gift!  We're so blessed to have such loving family! 
My parents came back of course, and brought the kids again.  The kids saw me standing by the bed when they walked in but breezed right by me to head straight to the baby!  

I think McKenna looks so grown up in this picture with her legs crossed.
(Yes, that's the chair that folds out flat that Dan slept on.  Love you honey! ;)) 
Such an adoring fan club!
After they left we had lunch, rested some more, and talked more about names.  We were deciding between Elise and Bethany.  The night before, McKenna had pretty much pleaded for us to name her Elise.  However, the next morning when they came to visit, we told them we still hadn't decided yet and McKenna decided to just start calling her Bethany anyway.  The more we called her that, the better it felt!  So, first name, check!  Now it was time to decide on a middle name.  Both McKenna's and Anna's middle names are from my side of the family, so I really wanted to use a name from Dan's side.  However, nothing seemed to fit until we tried out Sylvia!  It felt so nice to call her that!  We're so happy to name her after this sweet grandma of hers!  
Bethany Sylvia Webster!!

Dan watched movies on the iPad off and on all day.  We went for a little walk around the hospital floor and accidentally got too close to an exit (trying to look out a window) and we set off an alarm.  They put little monitors on the baby's ankle to make sure no one tries to steal the baby.  After dinner, Aunt Swa came and brought cousins Oliver and Ellie.  


My parents and kids came for round two of visits for the day.  



More resting in the evening.  


Snuggling after our walk.

Later that night, Dan's dad visited.  We sent Bethany to the nursery two times that night then after the 5am feeding I kept her in bed with me.  :)  

Friday morning, the pediatrician came again and told us her bilirubin levels were increasing so they wanted us to take her in to our doctor on Saturday morning to be tested one more time to see if she needed bili lights to treat the jaundice.    
Dan started packing up and organizing things.  We ate breakfast, napped, Dan watched more of a movie, and I showered!  Bethany passed her hearing tests.  My doctor came to check on me and write discharge orders.  
We tried a couple outfits on Bethany to get some "real" pictures of her.  :)  
We were discharged by 11:30am!  

4 comments:

Sibber said...

SOOOOO so beautiful and great! Love these pictures! Love that sweet baby Bethany Sylvia! She is beautiful!! Congrats again, you guys!! Beautiful family!

Rosalie Ringwood said...

This is one beautiful and LOVED little baby girl! And a beautiful name too! Congrats again! Love you all

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Totes Jelly. But so glad you had everyone there to help and support you!

Becca said...

Those kids of yours just couldn't get enough of their new baby sister!!! :) I absolutely love the name, and the picture of Grandma Webster and Bethany. The picture of you and her sleeping in bed is absolutely cute too. Great job again mama!