Wednesday, August 24, 2016

July- Week 1- Patriot Camp, Midway 4th of July, Visit Gma Jeanne, Russian Sailor Dance

Friday McKenna had her last day of patriot camp.  They performed the pledge of allegiance, sang a song about the pledge, and recited the national anthem, preambles and more.  
McKenna also won the memorization award for memorizing 6 documents: The Pledge of Allegiance, National Anthem (1st and 4th verses), Bill of Rights, Preamble to the Constitution, Preamble to the Declaration of Independence, and the Articles of the Constitution!!  This was such a cool camp.  They helped the children learn how God had a hand in the founding of our great nation.  They also had guest speakers like Ben Franklin and George Washington.  Grandma came to watch her grandkids perform during their camp closing.  We had a picnic lunch in the park and then Grandma took us all to Hokulia!  
The kids had friends over in the afternoon.  McKenna has been asking for SO long to do a lemonade stand.  Since it was was shady across the street, I decided to finally let her (and Phebe).  They made about $3 in one hour.  Pretty good considering it was only 10 cents for a small cup. Many kind neighbors said "keep the change."  :)  As we were waving to potential customers, we also saw a deer walk across our lawn. 
My parents came to babysit that night while Dan and I got taken out by Dan's parents for Dan's BD!  We went to Ruth's Diner up Parley's canyon.  Then we did some shopping at the outlets in Park City.  We came back to our house for some treats after.  Thank you for the spoiling!  
Saturday I went for a longer run (5 miles).  Dan went shooting with my dad, brother, and uncle Davey.  Then Dan came home and rushed off to a baptism.  After lunch, we went swimming next door.  
After dinner, we gave the kids baths and I painted all the girls' nails!  Then we headed up to Dan's parent's cul de sac to watch the Eaglewood fireworks show!  
Sunday after church, we packed a dinner and headed up to Park City for a hotel night with some of the Websters.  
Because the kids slept from 5-6pm on the drive up to park city, no one was tired until 10/10:30.  Ugh,  That didn't make it very easy for us grown ups to play games.  But we played "Heads up" and had a blast once the kids finally went down.  We had kind of a rough night as a family sleeping in the hotel.  That's kind of always how it goes.  Anna fell of the bed at 3 something.  Then Bethany woke up at 5am and normally at home, we would have just let her cry it out and put herself back to sleep.  But instead I got up to rock her and to make a long story short, neither her, nor I, got back to sleep.  

Monday morning Dan left to go golfing with the men-folk bright and early.  Then I showered, got the kids dressed, went down to breakfast.  Grandma took Amelia and McKenna to shop at a near by fabric store while the kids watched shows and I tried to nap.  The kids then made little bead necklaces and I took them to play at the little park at the outlet malls.  When the guys were done golfing 18 holes, we met them at 5 Guys for lunch.  Then we went swimming at the hotel for a bit, packed up, then headed to Midway for the Nelson Family 4th of July reunion! 
The bike parade was first, then crafts and games, and an amazing dinner!  
We also celebrated Bethany's 1st Birthday with the other July babies.  
We stayed this year through the fireworks show and made it home by 11:30.  

Tuesday McKenna had Gma sewing class.  She had them make pillows to match their bandanna quilts they made last summer.  
That night we hosted our first outdoor movie night in our back yard for the youth.  We watched Star Wars: Force Awakens.  

Wednesday we closed on refinancing our house.  
In the afternoon, I took the kids, with my parents, and went and visited my Grandma Jeanne.  She was at my Aunt and Uncle's house that have a little pool.  The kids had a blast swimming and playing while we visited with my grandma.  
I went straight from there to a dinner with my sister and two of our best friends from VA, Bonnie and Becca!  We ate and then talked for 4 hours!! It was such an awesome little therapy session for all of us!  I love these girls so so much and I feel like I'm a better person just by being around them.  
Thursday we all went to Mickelle's work and had lunch.  Then she took us on a tour of her building where they manufacture medical pumps.  Very cool place and she is loving this company!
Having Grandma in town is so fun for McKenna to play piano duets with!

After that, we went to visit my Condie Grandparents.  We had tacos for dinner then came home and played outside a little.  I gave Dan a haircut that night.  

2 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

I am totally jealous of all the fun things you got to do together. And McKenna is REALLY good at piano!

Hksedwick said...

Patriot camp is a neat idea. Aa a kid I begged to do a lemonade stand all the time!!