Wednesday, August 10, 2016

June- Week 2- Sewing, Literacy Program, Bowling/Fam. History Party

Bethany army crawling!
Bethany Peek-a-boo!
Wednesday we had the Lewises over to play and swim lessons in the afternoon.  
Thursday McKenna had her first grandma sewing class.  They made a cute felt board on which to play tic-tac-toe using pom-poms.  
Also, within a few days of Bethany learning to army crawl, she advanced to full on hands and knees crawling!  Thursday afternoon and evening the kids had swim lessons and I had a camp meeting.  

Friday we went to our first Literacy Program at Mill's Park.  There was a professional story teller, snacks, a super hero craft, and of course playing at the park.  
Friday evening we did yard work.  

Saturday morning Dan ran some errands with Ben while I tidied up at home and got this darling picture of the girls! 
Because of rain in the morning, we waited until after lunch to head downtown to the Family History block party.  They had bounce houses, live music, and some fun booths including chiseling.  Once the block party ended, we headed inside to the church history museum.  They have wonderful interactive touch screens and a super cool children's area the kids loved and would have stayed much longer than we allowed.  
After the museum we had a bowling Groupon to use so we headed to Bountiful Bowl!  
The kids kinda lost steam and interest after one game but pushed through to play a second.  I think I only won the second game because Dan let Anna bowl for him more than I did.  :) 
Sunday we had a small early Father's Day celebration for Dan's dad at our Webster family dinner.  I'm forever grateful for my wonderful father-in-law and the amazing example he is to Dan and our family.  He is a man of wisdom and faith, and incredible generosity.

Monday we went to our first school lunch of the Summer.  The food isn't great, but I love not having to prepare or clean up lunch...and it's FREE for the kids!  We had some neighbors over for play dates in the afternoon.  We had swim lessons and later an FHE about family history.  I was a little ashamed I couldn't write down my 4 generations from memory.  Gotta work on that.

Tuesday I took the kids and Bridget Moulton to see Alvin and the Chipmunks for $1.  McKenna, Ben, and Anna went to a sidewalk chalk party at the Lewis's.  

1 comment:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

The family history block party looks like a lot of fun! One day, I'll convince hubby there are benefits to living in UT :)