Tuesday, August 30, 2016

July- Week 2- Upstart Grad, M and D Leave, Night Run, Camp Stuff Sorting

Friday my dad took these cute pictures of the baby girls.  My parents also attended a funeral for my Great Uncle Don.  He was the last of my Grandpa Thompson's siblings alive.  
The kids played really nice most of the day!  
In the evening we attended Ben's Upstart online preschool graduation and assessment.  Anna just couldn't stay awake any longer.  
 Way to go Ben!  I cannot say enough good about this program!  Ben is fully reading and I know I had very little to do with that.  
After the graduation, we went to a birthday party for a neighbor of ours.  They go all out for their one year olds, including this bounce house/water slide!  I love that Ben is flying! 
 This was the last evening we had with my parents before they went back to Florida.  I needed to document that Bethany made great progress the few weeks they were here on pulling up and cruising.  After the kids went to bed that night, we played "heads up" with my sister and parents.
 Saturday I ran 5.5 miles and my parents left.  McKenna went to a birthday party for a school friend and the rest of us ran errands.  We did some yard work in the evening.  

Sunday Ben and Dan finished the Harry Potter Knight Bus.  The one on the right is what the kit/set looks like.  Dan looks up the instruction book online and then finds comparable pieces in the huge Lego collection we have.  
That evening we hung out with the Monica and Dave Munson.   Dave was one of Dan's roommates in college.  

Monday the weather was a little cooler, so I started sorting all the items I've collected for the Stake Girls Camp Missionary Suitcase service project.  The kids were good helpers.  Bridget Moulton came over to play in the afternoon.  After dinner we had to take advantage of family night and 7/11 day by getting free slurpees!  
Hanging and playing outside post slurpees.  
Dan's parents came over that night after the kids were in bed so I could do a night training run with Dan.  He rode his bike beside me on the Legacy trail and was such a great cheerleader.  
 Tuesday, the kids had Summer camps and the sorting continued.  
The kids also had play dates with friends.  In the afternoon the kids all took naps to be ready for our outdoor movie night.  We watched Space Jam! :)  

Wednesday Ben went to his preschool friend Annie's BD party.  McKenna realized that after playing at a friends house for half the day made her kind of home sick.  I had a camp meeting that evening.  

Thursday, the kids had summer camps, and I went visiting teaching.  After lunch we went swimming at the Winegar pool.  Our home teachers came over in the evening and taught a lovely pioneer day lesson.  
Last day before she turned 1!!

1 comment:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Cute pictures and busy week as always! Those lego builds are pretty impressive!