Saturday, September 3, 2016

July- Week 3- Bethany's BD!!, Grandson Sleepover, 10K, Swimming, Parade Float Preview

Friday was Bethany's 1st BIRTHDAY!! 
In the morning we attended the Literacy program in the park.  The presenter was a guy and his Drum Bus.  He literally drives around an old school bus which is full of percussion instruments and he teaches kids about rhythm and beats.  Very loud!  Should have brought ear plugs.  
 I baked Bethany's BD cake and the kids went to the Alexander's to play.  I also started an online class for teacher relicensure points.  When Dan got home, we set up in the back yard for Bethany's cake smash! 
 She had just woken up from a nap, and like my other kids, she was fairly timid.  
 Dad was right there and happy to help give her a taste. 
 She had an adoring audience full of my siblings, Webster grandparents, and many Webster aunts, uncles, and cousins!  We all enjoyed Otter pops while watching.  
 In the end, she did pretty well making a mess.  
 She got a little bath and then played with some new toys.  After the cake smash, Ben attended his first grandson sleep over with all the Webster boy cousins!  The theme this year was Western/cowboys! They made covered wagons using Twinkies as the body.  They played school with their very own slates.  
Grandma made them each these awesome vests! 
They had outdoor games
 And pounded leather for necklaces and bracelets.  
McKenna was lucky enough to be invited to a girls night with the Winegar girls!  They ate at Zupas, then watched Princess Diaries.  She even got to have half a "sleep over."  
Dan and I, our little girls, and my sister, ate leftovers for dinner, then Dan and I went to pick up my race packet.  After the girls were in bed, my sister baby sat while I got ready for the 10K race I trained for over the last 8 weeks!  I ran the Utah Midnight Run along the Legacy trail.  The 10K was an out-and-back race which started at the Davis County Fair Grounds.  They had fun lights and music and glow sticks to get us pumped up!  Dan, once again, was such a great cheerleader!  He went to a nearby McDonald's (free WIFI!) while I ran and then met me at the finish line!  He's the best!  He stayed up way past our bedtime with me, held my sweaty arm band, and then took me out for french fries after! My true love! 
I felt really good and strong while running, mostly thanks to good old adrenaline!  Since I'm scared of the dark, I ran with TWO head lamps.  One around my waist, one on my head.  I was pretty surprised how many runners had no light source at all.  I ran my first 10K back in 2012 and finished in 1hr 11 seconds and I'm pretty sure I had achilles tendonitis the entire time I trained and raced.  Lots of leg pain most likely due to bad shoes.  This time, I had no leg pain and finished in 56:48!  That's about a 9:10 min mile!  I placed 30th over all (not sure how many total runners), 14th out of the women, and 13th out of my age group (31-35).  It was a fun and memorable night!  We picked up McKenna from the Winegar's on our drive home.  
Starting line!  Can you see me in the bright orange pants on the right?

Saturday I woke up pretty sore mostly in my hips.  We did some yard work.  Dan attended a funeral for a friend of ours whose mother passed away unexpectedly.  The rest of the day was spent prepping for the next week.  

Sunday was my last time nursing Bethany. :(  After church we took naps.  After dinner we played games in the back yard.  

Monday, Anna wore this cute shirt she got for her birthday from Adam and Pidi.  I felt a little grouchy that day because I had two canker sores in my mouth!  
 My visiting teachers came over in the afternoon. In the evening, we went to the Winegar's for a Webster family pool party!  We took this darling picture of almost all the baby girls in their matching swim suits.  We were missing Hailey and Amelia.  I think Anna in these pictures looks like my toddler pictures. :) 
 Tuesday the kids had summer camp.  After lunch we met Dan at the Pioneer Day Parade float preview.  Our Stake had a float in the parade this year (two top pics).  The bottom pictures were other highlights.  
 That night we hosted another outdoor movie for the YM/YW, The Sandlot!  

Wednesday we went to Bethany's 1 year check up!
Bethany's 1 Year Stats
Height: 27in (.8in increase in 3 months) 5th percentile
Weight: 17lbs 12oz (1.7lb increase in 3 months) 20th percentile 
Head: 60th percentile
Milestones
END OF APRIL
  • Scooting backwards and rolling lots
  • First tooth at 9 month check up!
  • Had her first stomach virus and we found throw up the crib in the morning
  • Love to blow raspberries
  • Started dancing to music
  • Second tooth

MAY
  • 5th- really runny nose
  • 25th- First time I found her sitting up in her crib
  • 26th- Rocking on hands and knees
  • Still sleeping great and through the night!

JUNE
  • 5th- Forward motion army crawling
  • 7th- Plays peek-a-boo
  • 9th- Full on hands and knees crawling!
  • 14th- Baby gate goes up
  • First whale spout in hair, but had a fever that day
  • 20th- pulling up to standing on shorter things
  • 22nd- Third tooth, upper left, side tooth, not front.  Looks like a fang.  

JULY
  • 6th- Down to one nursing. :(
  • 9th- Pulling up lots
  • 18th- Totally weaned
  • 28th- New front middle tooth

McKenna had a school friend over to play in the afternoon and we made cookies.  I went to a Norwex party that night with some friends.  

Thursday I played with the baby girls at the park while the big kids were at their Summer camps.  
I went visiting teaching in the evening and worked more on my online class.  

1 comment:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Anna does look a lot like you in those pictures! And your babies are adorable, as always :)