Sunday, August 13, 2017

June '17- Week 2- Gma Sewing, NKOTB Concert, Dan's High Adventure, Summer Camps Start,

Thursday I woke up feeling pretty grouchy and had a head ache. :(  I got everyone ready then had a camp meeting specifically about food. Ben had fun building with Lincoln Logs.   
Anna performed a magic trick of making tiny elastics "disappear." ;)   
Bethany was still fighting pink eye (even with drops) which meant she and I stayed home and the older three went swimming with Brynn and kids and Grandma at the Kofoed's pool.  Ben played at the Alexander's after that.  I worked on my UEN class.  Dan tried to call but had pretty bad reception.  We had a dance party after dinner and after the kids were in bed I worked on cleaning out my dropbox, listening to my book, and more of my UEN class.  

Friday morning I exercised a little outside while the the kids rode their bikes.  
Desi and Brittana came over to play and I showered.  I cut up fruit to take to ladies lunch at Lewis Park.  Straight from there I took the kids to Grandma's sewing class where McKenna made an apron!  Ben still isn't quite old enough to do the sewing yet, so he helped everyone and kept himself entertained by taking pins out and organizing pin cushions.  
That night I got a babysitter and went to the New Kids on The Block concert with my sister and Laurie and her sister Jamie!  It was so much fun and super nostalgic.  Paula Abdul opened for them and at 54 she's still a great performer!  Unfortunately, I had a pretty bad headache by the time the show was done.  

We had pretty good seats and they had a smaller stage they had to walk through the crowd to get to!  So fun! And since it was my sister Emily's BD that day, we had to take a picture of them singing their happy birthday song and send it to her.  
Cover Girl!
Step By Step
I'll be Loving You Forever
Hangin' Tough
They showed pictures of them when they first gained popularity and pictures of them now, and it was awesome! 
Singing in the middle of the crowd! 
I stayed up even later after I got home working on a grocery order and Anna stayed dry over night!  

Saturday I ran 4 miles with Kylee and left the kids home alone a bit.  We had a chill morning and then DAN got home from his campout!  Here are some highlights!  Such beautiful scenery!


They stayed at Dave Mudrow's friends cabin and it was so quiet and peaceful! 
Because their fundraiser was so successful and the YM president is a pretty good cook, Dan said they ate like KINGS!  
Saturday afternoon I went to my cousin Tiffany Price's bridal shower with Mickelle.  Anna and McKenna played at the Alexander's and Ben went to a BD party for a school friend at a martial arts studio and had a blast! 
We went grocery shopping and ate at Wendy's that night and I could feel some pink eye coming on. Grrr!  :(
Sure enough, Sunday I woke up looking like Quasimodo! 
I was supposed to substitute in Primary that day but I found another sub and worked really hard at NOT touching my eyes for any reason!  
That evening we had Webster family dinner and celebrated June BDs.  I still went and just made sure I didn't touch my face at all!  Anna got an Elena of Avalor doll, some play dough, legos, a Sofia dress, the new Beauty and the Beast movie, and some cute new clothes! 
So spoiled and so thankful! 
Now the BD boy's turn!  Some new Utah and Star Wars gear.  
The June babies! 
Monday I ran 3 miles and the kids had their first day of Summer camps (McKenna- creative writing, Ben- Balls of Fun).  Unfortunately it was quite windy and chilly as a storm was rolling in.  
McKenna went to piano and I had a camp meeting with Erica.  After lunch the kids worked on Anna's Lego set in the patio room.  We had tatertot casserole that night for dinner.  Dan took Ben up to the Quest camp site to help set up tents.
I took the girls to McKenna's dance recital kick off at Bountiful park.  
Here's her routine! 
That night in the middle of the night, McKenna threw up a couple times.  Poor thing.  
Tuesday early morning, Dan left for Quest for 3 nights!  The kids' Summer camps were cancelled the next day because it was too cold and rainy.  It ended up being a good thing so we could lay low for the day.  I ran a couple errands though and Anna did play at Desi's.  We also watched Parent Trap 2.  After kind of a lot of screen time, I played games with the kids.  We played Trouble, Go Fish, Old Maid, and Hi-Ho Cherry-o.  Late afternoon the kids rode bikes too.  


Wednesday I ran two miles and briefly saw Dan loading his Dad's truck and trailer to head back up to Quest.  The kids had Summer camps and it was beautiful weather!  The Alexander's came over to play and had lunch with us.  Then they went to the park with the Lewises.  The kids worked on Father's Day card and we had pancake dinner.  I felt particularly drained this day and really missing Dan.  The kids fought a lot and I didn't keep my cool very well at all.  :(  However, One good thing about the Summer so far was that McKenna started keeping a journal!  :)  

No comments: