Thursday, August 31, 2017

June '17- Week 4 (Part 2)- Anna's BD!, Final Swim Lessons, Dan's BD, Bee's Baseball

Monday morning I ran 3 miles, then we opened presents for our new 4 year old--Anna!!  
She got some gel pens of her very own! 
 ...a stuffed Twilight Sparkle, and hand-me down Sofia from McKenna and a Lego creation from Ben.
We had to hurry and leave for summer camps the same time the Smiths left to drive back home.  When we got home, we found they had left us some lovely chalk notes on the driveway.  
McKenna went to piano and Anna had a playdate with Lizzy.  I did laundry and then Camille and Jordan came over to play with McKenna and Ben, respectively.  We fed them lunch and then had a little more of a quiet afternoon, then swim lessons.  
 At dinner time we went to celebrate Anna's birthday!  She requested Chicken nuggets for dinner and we saw this clever sign at Wendy's for our 4 year old.  She requested plain vanilla ice cream and cookies as her treat.  
For her activity we kinda pointed her in the direction of Kangaroo Zoo and she was pretty ok with it! 





 Bethany loved this guy at Kangaroo Zoo.  
Singing to the BD girl!
Tuesday we had summer camps in the morning and Laurie was nice enough to watch the kids while I went to my yearly thyroid ultrasound.  We had swim lessons and everyone was kind of mellow in the evening and missing our Smith cousins.  :( I did some major cleaning and listened to my book club book while Dan was at church appointments that night.  

Wednesday I ran two miles and had my best pace yet-- 8:40 on the 1st mile!  After summer camps we went to Keva Juice and Great Harvest for lunch then picked up groceries.  We had swim lessons again and an evening of cleaning and listening to my book.  

  Thursday was our last day of summer camps which meant the kids got popsicles!  McKenna made a dream catcher in her last day of crafts.  
Anna explaining to me how high one of the slides at the park is.  
I had a girls camp meeting with Erica till 1 then I fed the kids lunch.  Thursday was also our last day of  Swim lessons!! The kids all progressed and should be ready for the next level by next summer.  For those two weeks of lessons, it was always so hard to have to wake Bethany up from her nap to take the big kids.  Poor thing was pretty sleepy.  The kids also got free snow cones on the last day!  
Swim Lesson videos



Ben explaining his latest Lego creation- an infinity cube!  Pretty awesome!
That evening after dinner, Dan set up some of his BD presents, new hammocks!!  
Friday was Dan's 35th BD!!  My visiting teaching came over in the morning.  Then one of my BYU roommates (Katie and Kevin Spencer) stopped by for a very quick visit.  I got to meet her sweet new baby Della and Ben even got to snuggle her.  
 
We got a babysitter for lunch and Dan and I got to go on a date in the middle of the day!  We went and got cheese steaks from Veto's on Main Street in Bountiful...sooo good!!  This was a super fun date because we just found out that morning that we are expecting baby #5!!  That's right!  We're pregnant... but of course we won't go public with the news until end of July.  That afternoon we ALL took naps because we knew we were having a late night at the Bee's Baseball game that night!  
We had dinner before with Dan's Dad's work and even got lucky enough to be there on a night with fireworks after the game! 

Happy happy birthday to the love of my life!  You are my best friend and extremely better half!  

No comments: