Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Feb. '18- Week 4-Bishops Wives Lunch, Sledding, Abby's Blessing, Ben 7 Year Check-up

Thursday after Anna had music, we went to Dan's work and had a family picnic lunch.  Anna had "dress like a pirate" day at preschool.  I read with McKenna and played Cover Your Assets with Ben.  Brooklyn Ulmer babysat that night while Dan and I went to dinner and Hunchback of Notre Dame at Hale Theater with Dan's parents. 

Friday I woke up feeling sick around 5:30 and Dan was nice enough to get up with me and watch some TV together.  I had a doctor's appointment that morning and was very late because I had to drive in a snow storm.  I never got above 40mph the whole way to St. Mark's.  I was still only 2cm and 70% effaced.  I wanted the Dr. Watt's to strip my membranes but he advised against it since he was going out of town for the weekend.  Dan was told again to work from home for the day due to the snow.  

I was lucky to be able to attend a Bishops wives luncheon that afternoon with the wives of the stake presidency.  The food, company, and conversations were so yummy and uplifting.  Dan was a bit of a shuttle driver since the snow storm was still going strong.  He loves his 4-wheel drive.  
We had Jordan and Lizzie over to play.  We went out to eat as a family that night when the snow finally stopped.  
Saturday the Alexanders were so nice to take the older three kids sledding at Lewis park! 
The kids then had lunch and played at the Alexander's while Charley came to sit with Bethany while she napped and I went to Bonnie Chatelain's funeral, which Dan conducted and spoke at, with Rachael.  That night we had pizza and watched Coco.  

Sunday we went to our own Sacrament meeting then we attended the baby blessing for Sam and Lara's baby Abby.  The kids loved being able to sit by Dan. :)  Dan's mom also got this historic picture.  Her Bishop is her son, Stake President is her husband, and the Prophet is her father!  :)  
We celebrated the Webster February BDs that evening at dinner.  That night we watched the last of the Winter Olympics.  

Monday Anna had gymnastics, I swept the garage, did laundry, and went through some baby clothes.  While Anna was at preschool, I took Ben for his 7 year check-up.  
Height: 46.8 in (25%) 2 in increase in a year
Weight: 47 lbs (25%) 5 lb increase in a year
We found out  Ben is healthy and growing but needed to get his eyes checked.  He was unable to read the eye chart, even the 5th line up from the bottom.  That night was the Nelson Family BD party at Mom and Dad's house.  

That night I nested big time and cleaned the kitchen sink, the stove, the master bathroom, and the car seat.  
Tuesday I did more cleaning then took the girls to Brynn's while I had my final doctor's appointment where he did strip my membranes.  
McKenna had a play date with Camille that afternoon.  McKenna worked on play practice and a book report that night while Dan had church meetings.  

Wednesday the girls played at Rachael's house while I relaxed a bit and worked on the blog.  We had a normal afternoon of homework and Ben and McKenna had art class.  I unfortunately felt grumpy and short with the kids all day.  Always grateful for "tomorrows" where I can do better.

No comments: