Tuesday, October 1, 2019

July '19- Week 1- Mantua Swim Day, Outdoor Moive, Cul De Sac/Eaglewood, Midway, New Trampoline, Henry and Melek Baptisms

Monday I ran 3.5 miles with Sarah.  After breakfast we packed a lunch and went to Mantua for a friends swim day!  The Alexanders, Lewises, Behunins, and Moultons all came!  We had an incident where Ben and Henry Alexander were jumping off the top of the slide and Henry fell.  His side hit the concrete.  :( Thankfully he had on a life jacket which provided some padding for him.  But it was scary and I felt so bad!  Alexandria Moulton also tripped and cut the tip of her toe pretty bad, and when it was time to leave, Laura Lewis had a flat tire! What an eventful day?!  We drove Asha Wade home since Laura Lewis had to hang out for a bit, and had a late dinner.

Also, I just missed it in these pictures, but Alice had both phones (seen on the floor) up to each ear.  

Tuesday I walked with Dan in the morning and worked on cleaning up/sweeping the back yard and patio room to get ready for an outdoor movie that night with the youth.  Cousin Hailey was here for a bit and I went to the personal history story writing class.  Everyone napped that afternoon and I signed Anna and Bethany up for Fall dance classes.  After dinner, Dan had a few church appointments and I cleaned the oven from the melted candy bowl incident.  Then we had about 36 people come over for an outdoor movie!  We watched the Johnny Depp "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." We even had people up on the retaining wall this year.
Wednesday I ran 3 miles.  The kids played at the Alexander's.  Our broken stove top finally got replaced!

After lunch, McKenna and Brittana did a lemonade stand.  Desi came here to play and Ben continued to play with Henry at his house.

Everyone took a rest and Dan and I went to visit Bro. Twitchell on his 90th BD!  I loved hearing his stories about him flying through the eye of a hurricane TWICE!  After dinner we headed to Dan's parent's cul de sac to watch the Eaglewood Fireworks and hang out with ward friends and neighbors.  We roughly counted 128 people!


Thursday was the 4th of July!  Ben got a haircut and everyone showered in the morning.  Then we went to see "Smallfoot" at the $1 movie.  We had lunch, then left for Midway at 3pm.  We decorated bikes and did the parade, decorated t-shirts, played water games (sponges), hula hoops, jump rope, and then took the BIG family picture with the drone.  We started dinner just as a storm was rolling in!  It started raining and the wind was pretty strong for about 30 mins.  Everyone had to hustle inside!  We managed to cram everyone in the house and sing to July BDs (Bethany)!  We left at 7:45ish to go to my Aunt Joan's house for some street fireworks.  Jonathan was the only other family there besides Joan and Laron.





Friday we had a slow morning and then ran some errands to Costco, Smith's, Standard Optical, and to the school to look at class lists.  McKenna had access to my phone in the car, so I got a couple cute pics of them. We had a late lunch and Dan came home early and recruited the Southam boys to help him move and set up a trampoline we inherited from the Parkers.  McKenna went to Winegar's that night to watch "Shazam" and Dan ran some more errands with the three middles. I worked on editing pictures.
Saturday, 1 week before my 10K race, I ran 5 miles and felt really good and strong and had a good pace!  We went to Henry Alexander's baptism and had lunch at their house.
Then Ben and I went to his school friend, Melek's, Baptism/birthday party.  Dan stayed home with the girls while Alice napped, and he mowed the lawn.


Dan had fun with the leaf blower as well! 

Mickelle babysat that night while Dan and I went out for his BD.  We went to Texas Roadhouse, went walking around some stores, then parked on Bountiful Blvd, ate E.L. Fudge cookies, talked, and watched the sunset.  It was a very relaxing date and much needed time to reconnect.  

Sunday Dan took Ben early to church and I taught "I Know My Father Lives" in Primary.  After lunch, we watched "Random Acts" and I worked on my personal history story.  McKenna performed a dance in in the basement with Anna to "Ain't Never Had a Friend Like Me."



After dinner and kids were in bed, we went and played games at Sam and Lara's.  

No comments: