Thursday, December 5, 2019

Sept. '19- Week 4- Primary Program, Bethany Bring a Friend to Dance, Parent/Teacher Conferences, Ward Walk About, Ben Baseball

Sunday was our Primary Program!  My first time leading the music (with Amy Hamblin) and it went very well!  Anna said her part and never cried!  Lara got these cute pictures of Hailey and Bethany.  It was crazy to think this was McKenna's last one. :(  I felt the Spirit the most during "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus" because every time they sing it, I truly feel like they ARE TRYING their best to be like Him!  Most of the comment cards  we read from ward members said they liked the song "I'll Walk With You" best.  My parents and siblings came to watch and spent the afternoon with us.  They also took Ben and Anna on a quick trip to see the work being done on their Condo.  McKenna wrote letters to cousins and friends and we napped.  We also watched one of the new Book of Mormon videos.  Jonathan brought some different kinds of Oreos for us to try after dinner and Bethany had some black teeth afterwards.  
Monday I exercised, drove the kids, did laundry, and Dan went to the back doctor.  I volunteered in Ben's class and worked on a UEN class.  That evening Ben had a baseball game and his Primary teacher, Chuck Thompson, came to watch.  He got 1 hit and got on first base.  He also got up to bat once and struck out, and another time at bat he never swung.  Too nervous I guess.  Later, we met with a guy and got a bid for rain gutter covers/protection.  We also talked about the $ cost $ of Dan's back treatment.  Pretty expensive and a lot to take in. : /

Tuesday morning we had a Come Follow Me lesson about the "Fruits of the Spirit."  Brynn watched the two little girls while I had a Dermatology check up and my skin looked good!  Bethany was proud of her drawing of a rabbit.  That afternoon while Bethany was at Music, the rest of us met Kylee Behunin at Bountiful Park and Anna and Beck climbed up high!  After dinner I went to a RS activity to hear an Author, Marlene Bateman, talk about stories from Pioneer Women.  Dan had to work late that day in Logan.  
Wednesday I went walking with Rachael then Autumn came to visit.  Dan came home early and worked from home, the kids had piano.  Jordan came to play and Anna had dance.  Dan had a BBQ with the youth and McKenna worked on her book report. 

Thursday I exercised and drove the kids while Dan went to the temple.  Bethany had bring a friend day at dance and took cousin Clara.  If our pantry is open, for even a second, Alice will help herself to all the crackers ("caaaack!").
That afternoon we had early out due to parent/teacher conferences.  We also went to the uniform swap and thought it was such a brilliant idea and wondered why we had never done it before.  Anna had music and after dinner we went out for ice cream to celebrate the kids awesome reports from their teachers at their conferences.  We're so blessed to have such good, smart, kids!  
Friday I woke up with a bad head ache, but still went walking with Rachael.  Then we packed a lunch and went to 5 Points Park with Brynn and Adam and kids.  After school we had Aliza and Annie over for play dates.  I did some yard work (cut back the day lilies), and Nate Behunin came over to mow our lawn for free for the last time of the season because I told Kylee about Dan's bad back.  Such a nice guy!  Ben also went to Taggart's to play.  We had pizza and watched Newsies as a family that night.  Dan also worked on painting.  

Saturday I ran 2 miles and Alice stretched with me.  Anna had Dance and Dan went shooting with my dad and brother.  I picked up groceries and McKenna tried the treadmill.  Dan worked on painting more and I went through the kids' school papers.  We cleaned the basement, vacuumed, and did baths and showers.  My parents and Jonathan babysat while Dan and I went to the Utah/Washington football game with David and Reed.  It was cold and wet (rained most of the 2nd quarter) but still somehow fun. ;)  The Utes won! 
Sunday Cody and Meghan Johnson blessed their baby girl.  We were combined during the 2nd hour and watched a video about the new youth and children program.  We had chili and cornbread for dinner with the missionaries then we had the ward "walk about."  We hosted one of the stops and served root beer floats with Sam and Lara helping and using their Hokulia ice cream.  We estimated about 70 people came by.  The kids had fun running around with their friends to different places hosting in the neighborhood.  Dan had to run quickly to a baby blessing at the Hook's that evening as well.  
Monday I went walking with Rachael.  I worked on laundry and listened to my book.  I looked over Primary music stuff and got to be first in line to pick up kids after school because Dan did carline in the morning.  Ben worked on a book report and had a baseball game that night and it was COLD!  


Here's all our videos for the month of September- 
Bethany getting her cast off, fun at the State Fair, Ben's Baseball, Bethany singing, and Bethany Ballet.  

No comments: