Sunday, January 5, 2020

Oct. '19- Week 1- Grandma's BD, Ben's Animal Activity, Anna Dance Pictures, Alice Halloween Costumes, General Conference,

Tuesday I put some Fall decor up and met with Amy Hamblin to talk about Primary stuff.  Clara came over to play a little before preschool.  I made brownies and did some green paint touch-ups around the house while listening to my book.  Dan went to music with Bethany.   Dan also had church appointments that night, but the rest of us enjoyed having my parents and siblings over to celebrate my mom's 61st BD!
Wednesday I went walking with Rachael and for some reason there were a lot of Marco Polos to watch that day.  We had a normal early out day with piano and dance and Ben worked on his diorama.  That evening we went to Emma, Andrew, Russell, and Kate's piano recital.  They all played so well and I love using Emma as an example of what my kids can play piano like if they practice as much as her!  ;) 

Thursday I exercised on the treadmill.  Arlee came over to play and I worked on organizing Alice's clothes.  The two little girls and I had lunch with Dan at R&R BBQ.  I volunteered in Anna's class with reading words per minute.  Ben had scouts, Anna had music, and McKenna had Activity Days.  Dan also helped Ben finish his diorama.  

Friday Lara babysat Alice and Bethany so I could go to Ben's Animal Classification Culminating activity.  I taught about spines and the amphibian life cycle.  We also listened to a bird expert (falconer), took goofy pictures with his friends, and saw their class pets (quail) growing bigger and bigger.  
When I got home I played fairies with Bethany a bit.   That evening Anna had dance company pictures.  She loved having someone, other than mom, do her hair and make-up.  She also loved how shiny her eye shadow was.  She and I picked up groceries then got home and had a late dinner while everyone else watched "The Croods."

I also tried on 4 costumes on Alice to see what she was going to be for Halloween.  She did the most adorable head/body tilt when she said "cheese!"
 I decided on the costume which fit her the best, the ladybug!  After kids were in bed, I put up Halloween decorations.
 Saturday morning we had our Conference french toast.  Ben had basketball practice and I divided up some chicken.  During the first session of General Conference the kids colored and played nice. 
 In between sessions we took a walk around the neighborhood and loved chatting with the Wests and Jerry Lynn from the 6th ward.  He was so nice and gave the kids kale, honey, black berries, and black berry jam. We also stopped by a garage sale of some new neighbors who moved in next to the Lemon's.  We had leftovers for lunch and then watched the afternoon session.  There were announcements made about changes in the youth program.

McKenna and I then left for the women's session aroud 4.  We ate at Ti Amo before and were almost late.  We had an eventful walk from parking to the Conference Center with an elevator almost breaking down and McKenna tripping and falling on the sidewalk (she was not injured).  There were more changes announced for the YW including a new theme and Grandfather announced 8 new temples!
 Sunday my parents and Mickelle came over to babysit the three little girls while the rest of us went to the Sunday morning session of Conference.
We had lunch at home and then during the last talk of the session, which was Grandfather's, we drove downtown to be there for Conference recap (though we left Alice at home).  Grandfather spoke about temple recommend questions and the 200th anniversary of the first vision next April!
 The kids' coloring pages all done.
We had conference quesadillas and Dan met with his counselors to talk over many of the new changes.  McKenna had a very hard time sleeping that night. :(  

Monday I got up early and tried to refocus my goals.  I volunteered in Ben's class and listened to my book a lot.  I did laundry and a few more paint touch ups.  Dan came home early not feeling well.  Ben had his last baseball game (poor Bethany got eaten alive by mosquitoes!) then I picked up McKenna and Lyla from Frozen rehearsals and took McKenna and Anna to Stephanie Marsh Williams's baby shower.

No comments: