Sunday, January 5, 2020

Oct. '19- Week 4- New Entryway Windows, Dan and Laura Get Away, Pack Meeting, Anna Dance Spooktacular, Trunk or Treat, Halloween,

Tuesday I worked on changing out my clothes out and had computer time.  I listened to my book and edited pictures on my phone.  I took Bethany to music and for dinner that night we had a friend of mine from VA, Riley Robertson, come visit.  We connected on Instagram because she needed a 3-7 year old to do a speech assessment with for a class.  Bethany did well and cooperated better than I expected.
Wednesday I exercised and then handyman Bruce came to install the new entryway windows!  I gave the little girls a bath and then went on ministering visits to Shelly and Janel.  I spent some time looking and praying to find a lost jazz shoe of Anna's and found it on the side of her bed!  After school, Mickelle came to babysit while Dan and I left for a little get-away to Salt Lake.  
Dan planned this trip because we needed the reconnection time! We got an AirBnB downtown in the Avenues.  First, we went to dinner by the U at Porcupine Pub and Grille, then we walked around the Utah Museum of Fine Arts.  We also enjoyed the hot tub that night.  
Statue of Daniel Webster and gorgeous paintings of the 10 Virgins and Adam Ondi Ahman.  
Thursday morning we ate at a little cafe called Publik which had probably the best food of the whole trip!  Then we walked around the Gilgal Sculpture garden.  We went back to the AirBnB for a nap and then hiked the Living Room trail.  
Most of the Fall colors were gone by then, but we managed to find some.  
Such a cool view!  Neither one of us had done that hike before and we were glad we did it before taking our kids on it.  It was pretty steep and we're not sure Bethany could have done it, and Anna would even be a little questionable.  
We called the kids at home.   Jonathan was babysitting most of that day.  We showered and went to dinner at our least favorite place of the trip called Oasis.  They had really small portions and it just wasn't that good.  Then we went to the Eccles Theater for a recording of an NPR radio show called "Wait! Wait! Don't Tell Me."  It was funnier than we both expected and then we enjoyed a treat at Hires and more hot tubbing.  
Sadly, that evening we had to miss Ben's Cub Scout pack meeting where they were super heroes!  Ben was Humor Man!  
Friday we checked out of the AirBnB, parked at the Conference Center, and rode scooters down to the Gateway to see a movie.  We watched Will Smith's "Gemini Man" which was pretty good.  We rode scooters back to the Temple and were able to do Initiatories.   
Last, we headed to PF Changs because we had a gift card there.  Unfortunately, their card reader system was down and they couldn't accept it.  Grrrr.  I'm so thankful for our time together and for my siblings babysitting and all the friends who gave our kids rides.  It was a much needed time to reconnect with my love!
That evening McKenna helped Brittana babysit at the Chadwick's and the rest of us watched some Halloween shows.  

Saturday Ben had basketball practice, I picked up groceries, and we made homemade bath bombs.  After lunch, we went outside and raked leaves and the kids played in the hammocks.  McKenna also lost a canine tooth.  
That evening Anna had her first dance company performance at the Rec Center's Spooktacular.  
We went to Laurie's house to do make-up before hand just to make sure I got it right.  
After her first performance, Dan took all the kids home and I walked around with Anna doing some of the games.  She chose eating a donut on a string.  
Sunday I taught "I Wonder When He Comes Again" in Primary.  McKenna painted nails and I snuggled and read with Ben.  We had family dinner at the church that evening.   We celebrated October birthdays and had fun eating donuts on strings, then I had Prelude rehearsal. 
Monday I tried to be super productive in the morning by doing laundry, clearing the kitchen counter, lost of texts, tidying the laundry room, and going through shoes.  Bethany watched Descendants.  That evening we carved pumpkins.  Dan tried a new method of carving using his drill and me and the girls did two emojis on the front and back of a small pumpkin.  
 Tuesday we woke up to snow on the grass which meant Halloween was looking like it was going to be pretty cold!  I exercised, roasted pumpkin seeds, tidied the basement and Bethany bonked her nose and it bled a little.  :(  I made zucchini bread and worked on some stuff for Ben's class Halloween party.  I went to music with Bethany and Anna started getting a cough/cold.  

Wednesday Dan went to Vernal for work.  After breakfast I had a lazy morning and watched "Descendants 3" and I worked on Halloween stuff for Ben's class.  Bethany wore her pirate costume to preschool.  McKenna stayed after school for a movie (Goosebumps 2) and Ben and Anna had piano and dance.  After dinner we went to Ben's Jr. Jazz game, then layered up and went to the ward Trunk or Treat and Spook Alley.  It was a busy night to fit everything in and but thankfully the trunk or treat was cold and fast!  
Thursday was Halloween!  I exercised and Bethany went to play at Arlee's and then to dance.  After lunch, Alice went to the Moulton's to nap while I went to Ben's class.  I taught some Halloween songs, helped with some Minute to Win It games, and decorating cookies, and listening to spooky stories.  I also stopped in Anna's class to see how she was doing.  :) We had our mummy hot dogs for dinner then Mickelle and Jonathan came to help me with trick or treating and watching Alice for the night.  It was too cold to take Alice out and she's really slow, so Mickelle stayed home with her.  Dan also made scones for the 2nd year in a row.  And here's a "throw back" of 10 month old Ben as Superman.   

 My middle three kids did most of our Trick or Treating with the Alexander's and Taggart Lewis.  Desi pretty much ran everywhere and was tough to keep up with.  McKenna went around with her friends (Bridgett, McKinley, Camille, and Jojo) for the first time this year.  
 There was a very pretty sunset that night.  After doing most of the upper ward, Bethany and Anna decided they were done by 7:30.  Jonathan and I kept going for a bit with Ben but came home a little after 8.   Ben and Anna got invited to watch a movie at the Alexander's.  It was quite cold so Dan had a space heater outside to help keep him warm while cooking scones.  We loved having most of the family stop by at the end to help us polish off the last of the scones.  I think we ended up making 112 total!  All our kids were asleep by 10pm and I felt so good that the kids did NOT have school the next day! 

VIDEOS from October 2019:
Alice headstand and E-I-E-I-O, Let's Play Music Bethany and Anna, McKenna 11th BD, Anna Dance Spooktacular, Jumping in Leaves, Donut eating. 

No comments: