Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Dec. '19- Week 1- Supporting Cousins, Neighbor Gifts, Dan Jazz Game, Let's Play Music Recital, Dan and Anna to Ephraim, Ward Christmas Party

Sunday we were on time for church!  In Primary, we worked on the songs we were going to sing at the Ward Party and in Sacrament Meeting (Picture A Christmas, and Christmas Bells).  After church, McKenna and Ben made a family "newspaper" complete with all the news/calendar items for the week, the weather, and even a comic strip.  Grandma and Grandpa Webster stopped by to bring us a Little People Advent Calendar.  We watched Frosty and Santa Claus is Coming to Town.  After dinner, we watched the Church's new Nativity movie and talked about "Light the World."  I went to Prelude choir practice.  Dan had a hard time getting kids to bed that night because Anna had a cough and McKenna can't sleep in the same room as her when she has a cough.  :(

Monday I cleaned the kitchen counters some and texted a lot about doing neighbor gifts with Brynn and Swa.  I also blew out the garage and driveway and vacuumed the stairs.  I folded laundry and listened to my book a lot.  Anna and I delivered a couple invitations to the ward/neighborhood party.  After dinner, McKenna and I went to Whitney's basketball game and Dan took the others to see Russ and Kate sing at a tree lighting in a park and enjoyed some hot chocolate.  We watched Charlie Brown Christmas before bed.   I took some cute pictures of Alice 1.) folding her arms during prayers... I love how she covers her eyes, and 2.) lounging and eating popcorn. :) 
Tuesday I exercised and Dan had to be early to work so I drove the kids to school.  Ellie and Hazel came over for a bit.  I worked on my UEN class.  I listened to my book more.  While Bethany was at music, they practiced for their upcoming recital.  Afterwards, I made color copies of the recipe for neighbor gifts.  Mickelle babysat that evening because Dan was at the temple with the youth and I went to book club at Jacquie Cloud's house in Kaysville.  We discussed the Child Whisperer by Carol Tuttle.  We all liked it and thought it was valuable, but at the same time, we felt like it was a little hokey and the author has very few credentials.  

Wednesday I worked on my UEN class and after breakfast we went to Brynn's to work on assembling neighbor gifts.  We made little bags of homemade potpourri with an orange, cranberries, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, and cloves.  I drove the girls to preschool and then snuggled and read with Anna while the kids were at piano.  McKenna babysat that afternoon while Dan and I stopped by Jared Kump's 40th birthday open house.  Dan later went to the Jazz game that night.  Abril came and hung out again while the girls were at dance.  I FINISHED my UEN class that night!  *Alice figured out how to take off her shirt half way. Funny girl!
Thursday I exercised, and while Bethany had dance I did my makeup in the car and wrote some messages on the backs of our neighbor gift recipe cards.  Brooklyn Ulmer babysat that night while Dan and I went to his work Christmas party:  the usual delicious food and fun socializing.  Unfortunately, while we were gone, Ben had his final Cub Scout Pack Meeting and earned his WOLF!!  I'm thankful for friends who take and send me pictures.  McKenna went caroling with Activity Days girls that night.  Dan later drove his brothers to the airport. 
Friday I worked on texting a lot about a Christmas gift idea I had for Dan.  We also ran an errand to Target to get a BD gift for Jojo Lewis and Arlee and began our family Christmas gift shopping.  After school we went straight to the Farmington Library for a Let's Play Music recital for Anna and Bethany.  They did great and Anna is slowly gaining confidence to perform in front of others, though she still won't introduce herself.  McKenna went to Jojo's BD party that night and made a gingerbread house and watched High School Musical.  We went to Grandma and Grandpa Webster's to watch a Utah football game and have pizza.
Saturday I exercised and upped my arm weights from 5lbs to 8lbs.  Dan and Anna left to go to Ephraim for a work event.  Anna loved the one-on-one time with Dan and all the iPad time in the car.  :)  They also stopped by the Manti Temple.

Ben had basketball, and I went grocery shopping.  I made our ginger bread house base and Bethany went to Arlee's BD party at the dance studio.  I used the blower in the yard and cleaned up half of the leaves on Jerry's side of the yard.  Dan and Anna got home around 3:30pm.  He tried to hang our light -up snowflake with command hooks on our new siding, but it fell down and broke.  That night was our ward Christmas party!  It's always so fun to be with everyone and see many familiar (and new) faces from the neighborhood.  I love these darlings of mine!  Both Ben and McKenna asked for pictures with Alice.  
The Primary sang a couple Christmas songs and the nursery kids dressed up as Nativity characters. Alice was the most adorable COW!  
When we met Santa, McKenna, Ben and Bethany did great, Anna wouldn't sit with him but would talk to him, and Alice didn't cry!  Overall a success!
They also had scratch off ornaments for the kids to decorate and Alice loved helping push the piano back to the Primary room at the end of the night when we were cleaning up.   Such a fun party!  

No comments: