Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Dec. '19- Week 3- Prelude, McKenna's School Concert, Anna World Religions, Christmas in Color, Piano Guys, Breakfast with Santa, Nelson Family Party

Sunday the Primary kids sang "Picture a Christmas" and "Christmas Bell" in Sacrament meeting and Ben got to play one of the tone bells.  The Jr. High Madrigals also sang that day.  Greg Mortensen came by that afternoon to deliver and officially present Ben with his Cub Scout WOLF badge.  They had misplaced them the evening of the pack meeting.  That evening was our stake Prelude to Christmas performance and my solo went well and Ben sang great also! I loved that he patted my shoulder every time he walked past me and kept giving me thumbs up!  I also loved singing with Brynn!  Dan gave his dad a priesthood blessing that nice before his dad has a minor hernia surgery.  
Monday was normal day- laundry, listen to my book, edit phone pictures, wrap some gifts, run a couple errands.  Then, after dinner we delivered the rest of the neighbor gifts.  

Tuesday I exercised, edited more pictures on my phone, blew out the garage and driveway, kids worked on book reports, and we wrapped some family Christmas gifts.  Alice loves to snuggle Ben and snack while he does his homework.  

Wednesday evening McKenna had her school Christmas Concert.  They only sang two songs, but she had a lot of family support there!  Dan also had a fun YM activity that night with a white elephant gift exchange and arm and leg wrestling.  :)
Thursday I exercised and Bethany actually took a morning nap because she woke up super early in the morning.  She was not too happy to wake up for ballet.  Rachael babysat my girls while I helped with Anna's class world religion activity.  I taught a mini lesson about the Menorah and they kids made a paper one.  McKenna attended her FINAL Activity Days while the rest of us went to Christmas in Color drive through light display.  Most of the kids (and Dan) piled into Sam and Lara's truck.  Alice loved it but told me to "bop!" (stop) every time I danced. She's a party pooper.  
After words, Grandma and Grandpa treated us to Neilsen's frozen custard.  Such a FUN tradition! Dan and I wrapped a lot of presents that night.  

Friday I exercised again and Dan was home for the day.  I went ministering to Shelly and Janel, then headed to Ben classroom for his Christmas Around the World activity.  A mom taught about a Christmas festival in Mexico where they carve radishes.  He also learned about Christmas in Hawaii.  
We had the Alexanders over to play that afternoon as well as the missionaries stopped by to give us a message about ministering.  I cleaned our master bathroom.  Jonathan babysat this night while Dan and I went to dinner and the Piano Guys Concert with Dan's parents.  It was amazing!  At one point the cellist was playing in the crowd right next to Dan's cousin Nick Nelson!  They were so entertaining and talented!  As usual, the kids loved playing Jonthan's Nintendo Switch.  :) 
Saturday we were up bright and early so we could be in Layton by 8:45.  Another favorite Christmas tradition is breakfast with Santa at the Davis County Conference Center.  It's also wonderful since this event benefits Utah Foster Care.  We love the time with cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandma and grandpa, decorating cookies, face painting, the magicians and characters walking around, the delicious food, and of course sitting on Santa's lap.  
Alice loved the big teddy bear in the lobby! 

We picked up groceries on the way home, did laundry, cleaned the basement, showers and baths, and then headed to the Nelson Family Christmas Party.  The kids acting out the Nativity and hearing from Grandfather are always a highlight.  
Ben got to be an Inn Keeper and McKenna was a narrator.  Anna was an angel, Bethany was a shepherd, and Alice was a cow.  
VIDEOS: McKenna school concert, Piano Guys, Nelson Family Nativity

No comments: