Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Jan. '20- Week 2- Bethany "Be There," "Frozen Camp," "Frozen" Sibling Performance, NFBD, Jardine House Fire.

Wednesday Dan flew to St. George for work. Bethany slept in till 9:10!  We watched Descendants 3 and I worked on Blurb.  We got snow and it thankfully stopped snowing right when I needed to leave to drive my kids everywhere!  I went to a "be there" activity with Bethany.  We did activities that had to do with snowmen.  She illustrated a scene of something she would do with a snowman.  She drew herself and the snowman swimming and started putting dots all over the snowman.  When I asked what the dots were, she said he had a rash! :)  Alice napped at Swa's, and I picked up McKenna and Sophia from the temple, then McKenna went straight to piano and I was thrilled that the timing of the afternoon worked out!  Later Anna went to dance and McKenna to Backstage and Ben ran on the treadmill.  Dan flew home safely and McKenna and Dan went to the youth activity.  *It was a crazy busy day, but I felt tender mercies from the Lord in that the snow stopped when I needed it to and the timing of getting kids where they needed to be on time worked out!  Bethany also said me being at preschool with her was the "best day ever."  Anna was in a good mood and I felt happy and calm and loved that the Lord answered my prayers.

Thursday I exercised and Bethany had ballet and I journaled a bit.  I listened to my book club book  and volunteered in Anna's Class.  Dan was in Provo all day for work.

Friday we woke up to snow.  I drove the kids to school and they had free dress day.  I had ladies lunch and enjoyed talking with Kylee Behunin.  After kids were home, we had a talk with McKenna about whether or not she should audition to be Young Fiona in Shrek Jr. at Backstage.  They had invited her to audition, but we knew she already had a pretty full schedule.  McKenna was kind of torn what to do, so we told her to pray about it.  She ultimately decided not to audition and we're so thankful for her ability to seek for guidance from Heavenly Father.  Later, McKenna and Brittana babysat while Dan and I went to dinner and Home Depot to look for new house numbers.  I did some primary prep that night.

Saturday Anna and Bethany attended a "Frozen" party at their dance studio. Three of their counsins went as well!  Dan and Ben finished building Ben's remote control cars.  McKenna planned a cute "welcome home" party for the girls after their "Frozen Party" They had a little performance at then end and it was super cute.  When we got home we experimented with some new house numbers trying to see which would stand out the best on our new siding.  Anna and Bethany left to have playdates with Emi Atkin and cousin Ellie.  We were hoping to go sledding later that afternoon, but by the time we started to get fresh snow it was getting dark.  Instead, we went out to dinner, did baths, picked up groceries, and gave Dan a haircut.


Sunday I edited phone pictures and listened to a talk.  The kids worked on a dance downstairs.  We were on time for church and I ended up teaching "I'll Seek the Lord Early" in both Jr. and Sr. Primary since Amy had to step out for her son's Trevin's setting apart.  McKenna stayed after for a Stake YW choir practice.  Ben got to open a birthday present from Mickelle.  We watched Sound of Music, then my family came over for dinner.  The kids performed their dances they were working on (songs from Frozen)!  McKenna- Always the director.  Ben was Kristoff and Bethany was Anna.  Anna usually practices these things McKenna plans, but then she gets too nervous to perform in  front of people other than her immediate family.  They stayed a little bit later while Dan and I went to Dan's parents' for a Webster family meeting.  They announced they're going on another mission!  This time an 18 month service mission to BYU Hawaii to help students in the hospitality program find internships at hotels and resorts and mentor them.  My family also made great lighthouse puzzle progress!
Monday I exercised, did laundry, finished listening to my book, started a Podcast on Joseph Smith and worked on ironing on some patches on clothes.  After kids were home I helped with homework, folded laundry, and did some more mending.  That night was the Nelson Family Party at the McKellar's celebrating January BDs!  That night Sam Moulton came and passed off memorizing the First Vision, a challenge Dan gave to the youth.
Tuesday I felt like I was coming down with a cold, but thankfully it didn't develop into anything terrible.  I edited pictures and had a normal morning.  One the way home we saw a neighbor's house in the 6th ward (Jardine) on FIRE!!  I picked up Ben and friends from rehearsal and then watched the house fire some more.  :(  After dinner I had book club at Chelsea's house to talk about "A Thousand Splendid Suns."  It was a super heavy and intense book, but very culturally enlightening.

January videos Part 2

No comments: