Thursday, May 21, 2020

March 2020- Week 4- Neighborhood Scavenger Hunt, Kate and Henry's Baptism, Lego Temples, Snow, Hair Braiding, Seeing the House Last Time, RJ's wedding.

Sunday morning I worked on preparing a talk and helped Ben prepare a talk as well.  We got into a routine of having home Sacrament meeting around 11.  Dan still has some meetings in the morning.  Grandma was supposed to teach in Relief Society that day at church, so instead, she played a game she made with us that was part of that lesson.  It was all about covenants and staying on the path and different ways to keep those covenants.  I spoke about repentance and being clean.  Ben spoke about the 10 Lepers.  We had grilled cheese for lunch and watched Book of Mormon videos and Relative Race.  We also went on a walk and did a scavenger hunt which Sarah Moulton prepared.  There were 16 items to find and we missed 2 so we had to go back around the neighborhood a second time.  It was great to stop and chat with some neighbors we saw like Mike Smith, the Moultons, and the Pugsleys.  Grandma made a roast for dinner and then we started building a "Brick 'em Young" Bountiful Temple.  After kids were in bed we felt a 4.0 aftershock and working on unpacking my special things to go in the hutch in the piano room.  
Final family picture in front of the old house.  
Monday I woke up with a bad head ache and felt a cold coming on.  Not fun when I kept having anxiety that it was Covid.  We had the appraisal at our old house.  My ministering sister, Autumn Cundick asked a couple times during quarantine if she could pick anything up for me at the store.  She bought me eggs and fruit snacks.  Such a nice gesture!  McKenna helped a lot with laundry that day. After dinner, we watched cousin Kate's baptism over Zoom since gatherings of more than 10 people are not allowed!  We worked more on Lego temples (grandma and grandpa were building the Salt Lake temple).  We also found out that schools will be closed until at least May 1st.  :(  McKenna was quite sad about it.  Ben and Anna were "meh" about it.  I felt ok only because it's what everyone in the world is doing!  I don't have "FOMO" anymore!  (Fear of missing out.)
Tuesday I exercised and we did homework.  Dan picked up school lunches.  My breathing was fine during my morning treadmill run, but by mid morning I had lost my voice and my throat was really hurting which made it feel kind of hard to breath, but not really.  Anna had dance on Zoom but we had a bad connection.  We had a bad connection for Let's Play Music also.  So frustrating.  We wrote letters to cousin Hailey to mail. We also got word that our appraisal came in at $407! So thankful for that!   

Wednesday my throat felt a little better but I still had no voice.  We did homework and Bethany had dance on Zoom and Ben had piano over FaceTime. We got out our Easter decorations and I cleaned the entryway a bit.  We had spaghetti night (with Adam and Mia, a new tradition we're a part of now) and bath night.  We were able to get some things from the old house now that there weren't anymore showings, so the girls got there sheets back on their beds.  We finished the Bountiful Lego Temple! We also got word that Mickelle picked up her new dog, Sadie!  
Thursday we woke up to quite a lot of snow! The kids went out to play in it and Anna had her first Zoom meeting with her class.  I shoveled and it was a little hard to breath with my sore throat.  Homework was normal and Anna had LPM over Zoom.  After kids were in bed, Dan and I talked through the basement layout.  *During this time I have loved having Marco Polo as a way to stay connected with friends!  My kids have been Marco Polo-ing with more friends and cousins as well.

Friday I exercised and McKenna spent a lot of time reading Harry Potter.  Dan went to the office in Murray, and on his way home he stopped at the old house to collect more of our stuff.  After pizza dinner we watched "Space Jam" in the theater room.  Adam and Mia were also over and they helped finish the Lego Salt Lake Temple!  McKenna also got a lot of practice french braiding her hair, as well as the little girls' and my hair.  Seeing her do it made me so happy to think this was how she wanted to spend her time.  It was a nice was to bond.  I realized with our normal paced life, before Coronavirus, I probably would have been irritated about taking the time sit still and let her practicing on me.  However, this was one example of slowing down and enjoying the little things in life.   
Anna had several writing assignments we took pictures of to send to her teacher.  Ms. Vasher said she wanted to see their faces, so we happily did so. :) 
Saturday I ran 2 miles and it felt good!  After breakfast we watched cousin Henry Stewart's baptism over Zoom.  Dan also conducted Asher Cundick's and Kirk Pugsley's baptisms.  Grandpa spent a lot of the morning packing up the kitchen.
McKenna got some awesome dress-up pictures.  Dan assembled a moving crew of ward friends who offered to help (Tim Hayford, Brigham Hollingshaus, Curtis Marsh, Jordan Jensen, and Dan Bramall).  I did lots of laundry and helped Dan's parents wrap up their master bedroom set since they were going to sleep on ours now.  I picked up groceries and Dan went to the Twitchell's because Grant Lynn passed away.  We did baths and showers and had Cafe Rio for dinner.  We watched "Emma" Dan had a lot of texts and emails due to the new guidelines from the Area Presidency.
Sunday was a world wide fast with our church for relief from this Pandemic.  I totally felt the Spirit as Dan prayed and opened our fast the night before.  We had our 11 am church (Adam and Mia came too) and the girls helped grandma lead the music.  Everyone Ben and older shared their testimonies.  We also watched other ward members' testimonies who recorded theirs and sent it to Dan.  McKenna had funny bug eyes through her water bottle. :)  We watched Relative Race and then went to say goodbye to the old house.  I totally cried in the kitchen, baby room, and master bedroom.  So many memories over 9 years!  McKenna also cried.  Grandma made delicious soup and peasant bread for dinner.  Then we played a fun quiz game with all the Webster's where we guessed who's silhouette was on the screen.  We traced them earlier in the day.  This was another example of how life has been different/better being in quarantine.  On a normal Sunday, I would have never taken the TIME to trace my kids face shadows, but now we have more TIME for fun stuff like this. After kids were in bed, we did paperwork with Dan's parents to get ready to close on the purchase of their home.
Monday I cleaned around the house.  I also tidied and organized the office/Lego room to get boxes out of there and get the Legos off the floor.  Dan helped his Dad take a load to the storage unit.  After lunch McKenna set up a "creative writing lab" for her siblings.  They're so nice to go along with her plans.  After lunch, Dan and I drove to Farmington for the closing on the sale of our home!  We ran a couple more errands after that.  It was nice to be out and about.  Dan's parents took a look at the Antry home for the second time.  :)  After kids were in bed, we worked on cleaning out cupboards and unpacking all of OUR kitchen stuff.  
The kids wanted to take these adorable pictures similar to pictures Dan has with his siblings.
Tuesday I exercised and finished unpacking the kitchen!  The kids played Legos a bunch.  After lunch, Dan left for Alpine for RJ's wedding!  RJ and Savannah were going to be sealed, but when temples began to close due to the virus, they decided not to put it off.  What a memorable wedding during this pandemic.  Also, Savannah is big into horse riding so her horse (Winston) was all dolled up.  They had about 200 people watching over Zoom.  The kids then played outside while I read my book club book.  On the way home, Dan stopped to donate blood and ended up not feeling too well the rest of the night.



March 2020 Videos Part 2-


Ben’s Annie Assembly performance, Alice on Tramp (“ch-lamp”), Ben chopping board and playing Alice, McKenna talking with Alice, Sledding, McKenna testimony.

  

No comments: