Wednesday, June 24, 2020

April 2020- Week 1- More Moving In, General Conference, Alice Sick, Meeting Sadie, Brittana's BD

Wednesday the girls dressed to match and I found a pretty selfie of McKenna.  Dan went with his dad and mom to do the "great couch swap!"  Brynn was getting some of mom and dad's, my parents were taking Brynn's, another one of mom and dad's was going to Mantua, and one of Mantua's was coming here to our basement.  I deep cleaned the back side of the kitchen (stove top, back splash, and counters.  I also worked on Blurb and caught up on Marco Polos.  McKenna worked on a book report and I cleared some room in the basement.  We watched "Relative Race" and played outside.  The later it got in the day the more sad and stressed I became.  I was sad things were still not being unpacked and organized and I didn't know how to help Dan to be less stressed so he could find time to help me around the house and also go do fun things!  :(  We had spaghetti night and baths and ice cream.  I worked on unpacking some books.  Once McKenna and Alice were in bed, I stayed down stairs to think through my frustrated feelings and also ended up rocking Bethany for a bit.  Dan and I had a good talk that night and I felt a little better.  

Thursday I exercised and McKenna and Anna exercised too.  Then I worked on unpacking all our children's books on the big book shelf downstairs.  It's tight, but they all fit!  After lunch I worked on organizing the toys in the basement and putting them all in the closet.  Adam and Mia came over again.  We had a chill afternoon coloring and building another Lego temple. That night we put Anna's bed together I felt much more productive and accomplished this day.

Friday Dan went to pick up a NEW king size mattress for us which we ordered through Jake's hotel! Ours was 10+ years old and definitely sagged in the middle.  We sold our baby crib and said goodbye to the ending of an era.  McKenna had a YW Zoom meeting and we moved empty boxes to the garage.  Grandma quickly made oatmeal raisin cookies because she got a call that Grandfather was stopping by for drop something off.  It was a very quick visit.  Bethany ran to get dressed and was mad I tried to help her be quick.
 

The kids played with play-doh nicely.  We also watched some of McKenna and Ben's Marry Poppins show from over the Summer since they were in Nauvoo during their performances.  Dan conducted Grant Twitchell's graveside service.  It's hard to see people who lose loved ones not able to grieve properly during this pandemic because only very small gatherings are allowed.  I worked on weeding from 2-5pm and Dan took our old mattress to the dump and McKenna worked on her book report.  We also found out that Alice knows how to climb out of her pack n play when she woke up from her nap!  It scared McKenna to see her walking around the basement with her binkie and blanket.  After dinner, Sam and Lara stopped by and the kids played outside more while the men moved the heavy weight machine.  We also played Code Names after kids were in bed.

Saturday I ran two miles and we got ready to watch General Conference.  In between sessions we want for a walk down the hill to the animals and they came right to the fence.  We also had lunch and got to meet Mickelle's new puppy, Sadie!  She was quite shy but super cute!  Unfortunately I had a head ache for most of the afternoon.  We also picked up groceries and ended up with a dead car battery which needed to be jumped.  We ate soup and salad during the evening adult session where there were two youth speakers, a new church symbol was announced, as well as another worldwide day of fasting and prayer on Good Friday before Easter.

Sunday morning Alice was not acting like herself. She ate her banana and drank some milk, and then threw it up.  :(  She threw up 4 times between 9-10am.  I was a little puzzled by this since we haven't been around anyone.  But Alice is getting her 2 year molars and constantly has her hand in her mouth, so she picked up some germs somewhere! We watched more General Conference and Alice rested.  Dan and I took pictures of each other dozing as well.  A new Proclamation was announced and read about the 200th anniversary of the First Vision and restoration of the Church.  We also did the Hosanna Shout!  When Alice woke up she had crackers and water and threw up again.  Grandma made cinnamon rolls and we played and watched a special on KSL in between sessions.  At the end Grandfather announced 8 new temples.  We went for a walk and then had a recap zoom meeting with all the Websters.  We had dinner and finished another Lego temple.  *My overall impressions from General Conference was that I need to be more intentional with my time and developing my relationship with God and Jesus.  I need to be better at learning how I "Hear Him."  Better temple attendance and better scripture study!
Monday I exercised and we did Come Follow Me during breakfast.  McKenna had a class Zoom meeting and I helped the other kids with homework.  After lunch we delivered BD treats to Brittana Alexander.  The kids have been loving this cul de sac and riding their bikes!  I went to weed and Anna had dance on Zoom.  Dan worked in the garage a bit as well.  After dinner Grandma had a sibling Zoom Conference Recap meeting with her family.  After kids were in bed, I had popcorn and read more of my book club book.  

Tuesday we gave Dan a haircut.  Kids started their homework and Dan got on the roof and took down the Christmas lights.  I helped Ben and Anna with homework and after lunch I did more weeding.  McKenna and Bethany had Zoom meetings for Backstage and Let's Play Music.  After dinner I had book club over Zoom talking about "Mormon Faith Crisis."  It was a very interesting book that only a few of us read and maybe only read half.  But it was about adult development and how it's more of a faith "journey," than a crisis.  

No comments: