Thursday, June 25, 2020

April 2020- Week 2- Closed on House, Picnic, Yard Work, Dye Eggs, Easter, Antelope Island, Ben Mohawk, Easter Sunday, Homework, Puzzle

Wednesday I exercised and helped Ben and Anna with homework.  Both Ben and McKenna had Zoom meetings with their classes.  After lunch McKenna babysat while Dan and I went with his parents to sign papers and close on the sale of this house.  Both Dan's mom and I cried, but probably for different reasons.  ;) We stopped by Lowe's and 5 Guys on the way home.  McKenna, Ben, and Anna all had their extracurricular activities virtually.  I weeded some more and Dan organized in the garage. Adam and Mia came over for Spaghetti night.  Alice did not nap due to climbing out of the pack n play.  
Thursday we worked on homework and a grocery order.  Anna had a class Zoom and Bethany had dance that Alice joined in. :) I did some more weeding and Dan practiced baseball with Ben.  
We had a picnic lunch in the back and Alice took a nap.  I ran an errand to the vet to pick up some medicine for Sadie and the van battery died again.  Dan worked on switching over utilities in our name for the new house.  McKenna had piano and Anna had Let's Play Music.  I finished weeding in the front and we grilled hot dogs for dinner while Dan's parents went to Adam's for dinner.  Dan had bishop stuff that night and I moved pictures to the hard drive.  Alice climbed out and had a hard time going to bed.  We watched some "Lost in Space."
Friday was Good Friday and a day of fasting and prayer for relief from the pandemic.  All three older kids had Zoom meetings and worked on homework.  I boiled eggs and went outside for more weeding.  Dan went with Ben and Jeramie West to the dump to get some mulch.  I weeded the front two circle beds and Mickelle came over to pick up Sadie's meds and hang out for a bit.  She also brought Alice a late BD present which was a large stuffed "Forky" from Toy Story 4.  Once Dan was back we spread mulch for an hour.  We found a goofy selfie smile from Alice.  Ben made a cool cardboard mask, and Anna had an awesome coloring page.  Doing all that yardwork was probably not the smartest thing to do while fasting, but we were making great progress!  
After dinner, we dyed Easter eggs and Mia joined us! The Tabernacle choir streamed a previously recorded concert of Handel's Messiah for Easter weekend!  Alice had no nap and went to bed great!  We watched more "Lost in Space" and did Easter prep.  
Saturday the Easter Bunny came and the kids hunted for candy and eggs and they all got new umbrellas!  
Grandma Sibber got us a basket as well! 
We packed lunches and got McDonald's for breakfast and then headed to Antelope Island.  We did a fun 2 mile hike called Dooly Knob Trail.  Unfortunately, there were SO MANY biting gnats!  There were so many I even had a bug in my teeth!  Surprisingly, the kids didn't complain very much.  We had lunch in the car on the way home and got back to the house around 2:30 and the kids played outside while Dan and I finished mulching.  
My dad and brother stopped by and I didn't realize how much I missed seeing them during this quarantine and I gave them big hugs!  Anna got a little Easter surprise from Dance Company and Dan and Ben went and got groceries.  We had pizza dinner and Dan gave Ben a mohawk haircut which I kind of liked! 
Sunday was Easter and we all got dressed up and even curled hair!  The kids sang "Gethsemane" and afterwards, we took pictures outside.  Alice loves her Grandpa! 
After lunch we napped and watched Relative Race, then we went for a walk around the temple!  I was so happy for two of my good friends, Amy and Erica, who delivered BOTH their babies the same day at LDS hospital!!  One boy and one girl! 
After a lovely Easter dinner, Grandma had made Easter cookies for us to frost and decorate.  Then we played Scrabble, had my conference call, caught up on Marco Polos, played Skyjo, and went to bed.  
Monday I exercised and we did laundry and homework.  After lunch, Ben did baseball practice on his own.  Anna had dance and after dinner I had a head ache and blogged while the kids played outside.  We folded laundry and watched Relative Race.  After kids were in bed, Dan and I worked on rearranging the basement a bit and played pool and ping pong.  It was a fun at home date night. :) 
By this time in quarantine we were all starting to feel like everyday was the same.  Lots of homework in the morning and playing outside in the afternoon.  I'm so thankful for nice weather during this pandemic.  I weeded some more and listened to my book, and Dan mowed and edged.  After dinner we worked on unpacking the upstairs book shelves and lighthouse hutch.  We also had another 4.2 magnitude aftershock.  We also worked on one of Grandma's temple puzzles.  When we went to bed that night, we were whispering and must have been too loud because Alice woke up, climbed out and scared us!  Unfortunately, it took her a while to fall back to sleep... like, she was up until 4:30am.  Meanwhile, Dan binge watched "Lost in Space."  Love him. :)

No comments: