Sunday, August 16, 2020

June 2020- Week 2- Start Swim Lessons, Ben Filming "Annie", Deuel Creek Hike, Anna Dance Comp.

Monday I exercised and after 1 month of not running my foot was ok, but still not all the way better. It was supposed to be the kids' first day of swim lessons, but it was chilly and rainy, so it was cancelled!  Ben also had his first rehearsal for his play "Annie!"  We did laundry, homework, piano, and the kids built a fort.  After dinner we watched Relative Race and I worked on Dan's calendar.  
Cuteness from Alice.  
Tuesday after breakfast I packed a lunch and took the middle three for swim lessons at the Kofoed's.  They all did great!  McKenna stayed home with Alice and we picked them up to go hiking with cousins afterwards.  We hiked Deuel Creek in Centerville and I carried Alice and was pretty proud of myself and so happy the weather was cool!  We made it all the way to the rope swing and we had a blast.  We grabbed an ice cream cone for each kid and then headed home.  After dinner the kids played outside and I caught up on Marco Polos.  I also worked on taking pictures of all the kids' school work for our digital memories.  
When we got home from the hike, Anna was riding her bike and wiped out and landed hard on her cheek.  It was a nice bruise, but thankfully no scrapes! McKenna finished her craft Grandma Kelly brought on Sunday.  
Wednesday I exercised and took the kids to swim lessons.  We had school lunch and I put up our patriotic decorations.  The kids had piano and Anna had dance.  Ben played at Henry's.  Dan loaded up DI stuff in the trailer and started organizing the craft stuff in the office.  After dinner, I shaved Ben's head bald bald with a razor for his role as Daddy Warbucks!  He already had a very short buzz cut, but he wanted to go all the way!   (Funny selfies from McKenna and Bethany.) He and Dan are twins now!  Dan went and hit a bucket of balls Brigham Hollingshaus.  After kids were in bed I worked more on Dan's calendar.  
Thursday morning I went walking with Dan.  McKenna had a voice lesson over Zoom since she had a little cold.  I took the kids to swim lessons and then took Ben to school to film "Annie."  After lunch, I went back to the school to watch and help the filming.  The cast was there for about 4 hours and they worked SO hard to get a couple takes of each scene!  I was super impressed with their discipline!  Dan finished installing Ben's ceiling fan.  I had a relief society Zoom meeting that night discussing Elder Renlund's conference talk.  After kids were in bed, we started watching "Into the Woods" with McKenna.  
Friday I exercised and Dan took the kids to swim lessons.  I worked on a grocery order.  After lunch I took Ben and Bethany to shop for BD gifts for friends.  I had my weekly call with Jonathan and Dan and I went on a Date to R&R and grocery pick up and Hokulia.  We watched more "Into the Woods" and after kids were in bed, Dan and I started watching a new (to us) series on Hulu called "Last Man on Earth."  It is so funny!  

Saturday Dan took the older three kids biking out on Legacy.  They had a headwind on the way back and it was a great life lesson to the kids about pushing through when things get hard! I left with Anna for a dance competition in Provo.  They had to reschedule all of their competitions and do things quite differently, but I totally cried watching her perform!  Cousin Lola had sprained her wrist the night before and was a trooper competing while in pain.  When we got home, we loaded everyone up in the car and drove to Layton to meet my dad at a car show, which we later found out was unfortunately cancelled.  Instead, we played at a park and had tacos and watcher "Peter Rabbit" at their house.  After kids were in bed, Dan and I went to the Alexander's for a game night with them and the Rowe's.  
Sunday after breakfast I tidied up the laundry room and bathroom then got ready for church.  I taught about Alma and Amulek and their friendship.  Dan taught the "Parable of the Headwind."  :) We watched Relative Race and Dan went to two baby blessings, the Birkholz and the Days.  After dinner, we hosted a dessert night with the Moultons and Mace family.  It was great to chat and visit with neighbors.

June Videos Part 1:
Alice stuff, Deuel Creek Rope Swing, Ben’s Annie Play


No comments: