Sunday, October 18, 2020

Aug. 2020- Week 1- Broken AC, Mantua, Becca Visits, Alice in Wonderland, Hair cuts, Visit Grandma Pat

 Saturday we woke up to a broken air conditioner.  :(  After some googling, Dan figured it was the capacitor that was broken.  McKenna went to "Alice in Wonderland rehearsal", we packed lunches, and headed up to Mantua.  We were already planning to spend the day there, but with the broken AC, we changed our plans and decided to stay the rest of the weekend.  When I drove back down to pick up McKenna, I packed everyone's things and the house was 83*!  We swam and had showers, ate a picnic dinner, and after kids were in bed, we played Uno Flip and Skip Bo.  We also figured since we moved Alice to a big kid bed, she sleeps better at Mantua with one of us next to her.  So she slept with Dan and I slept with McKenna.  Not our favorite, but it worked better for everyone to get more sleep.  

Sunday Dan did his church meetings on his phone.  We had home sacrament meeting and then Brazilian hot dogs for lunch.  We took our family, along with Grandma and Grandpa, to visit the Brigham City temple grounds for a bit.  It was really hot, but still nice to be there.  The kids watched movies and naps were taken.  It was one of the best naps I've had at Mantua in a long time.  We played the Golf card game, shucked corn on the cob, and had hamburgers for dinner.  Dan had a Bishop call and we played Skull King.  After kids were in bed, we played 6 Nimmt.  

Monday we packed up, helped clean the kitchen some, and left by 8:20 am. We had a late breakfast, started laundry, and the house was 87*!  The kids did homework and played with the Alexanders and I got caught up on texts and emails and laundry.  We also tried to hang out in the basement as much as possible.  The AC repairman had everything fixed by about 2 pm, but it took until about 5 pm to start feeling a difference.  So we headed to Culver's for dinner so I wouldn't have to use heat in the house to cook.  Dan and I folded laundry and watched "Last Man" after kids were in bed.  

Tuesday I went through Ben and Anna's uniforms to make sure we had enough that fit them for the school year.  The kids played at Alexander's and McKenna had a dress rehearsal for "Alice." I spent the afternoon working on the blog.  When I picked up McKenna, we went to North Canyon Park to see the stage they would perform on.   That evening I had dinner with Mickelle, Bonnie, and Becca!  It was so fun to talk and eat together and catch up! Dan was super domestic that evening and made a blueberry crumble dessert which he shared with some neighbors.  

Wednesday I went walking with Rachael, the kids did homework and piano then played outside and I talked with Meghan.  Before lunch I went through McKenna's uniforms.  Anna played with Desi and Mabel.  After lunch Ben and McKenna went to the Alexander's.  McKenna and Boo did some baking while the little girls watched shows in the basement.  It was a crazy afternoon of running kids to piano and Emi's house and McKenna's "Alice" call time.  I also took the middle three kids to the uniform swap at the North Campus.  Ben and Anna went to the Alexander's that night for a late night and I went to McKenna's first performance of "Alice in Wonderland" as the Queen of Hearts.  She also played a sea creature and a flower.  I love watching my kids perform! 


Thursday after breakfast I took McKenna to voice lessons.  I made some homemade tomato sauce with leftover grape tomatoes from school lunch.  It turned out pretty good.  Ben and Anna went to the Alexander's.  I worked on the blog and emails.  I called Jonathan and got ready to go to McKenna's play again.  Both sets of grandparents, Whitney, Brittana, and Hannah Hilbig all attended! I ran home in between shows and got the rest of our family, except Alice who would be babysat by Ayla.  After the show, we got the kids a courtesy cone from Arctic Circle.  

Friday I went walking with Dan then Ben had a student council meeting at the school.  Later, Ben and Anna played with the Alexander's, McKenna painted her nails, and Rai played with Bethany and Alice.  I worked on a grocery order then took all the girls for back to school hair cuts.  

For dinner, we took pizza and grapes to Grandma Pat's house and had a lovely outdoor visit with her.  We got home and set up another outdoor movie but only the Alexander's came this time.  We watched "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids!"  Such a classic! 


August 2020 Videos Part 1:
McKenna- Alice In Wonderland, Alice blowing bubbles, Dan caught a gopher

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JRsOa8SQ794" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No comments: