Sunday, October 18, 2020

Aug. 2020- Week 3- Swimming at Gunnerson's, Caught a Gopher, Mantua Friend Swim Day, McKenna's Voice Recital

 Saturday Dan had to do some work for the contract proposal.  I had a bit of an upset stomach.  Later, Dan and I played baseball at the Holdstock's.  The girls played nice.  After lunch we went swimming at the Gunnerson's.  My parents came by to drop off some masks my mom had made for the kids for school.  So grateful for her talents!  We got Panda Express for dinner and then watched movies in the basement: the boys watched Avengers, and the girls watched the live action Beauty and the Beast.  Dan gave himself a haircut and we watched "Last Man."  

Sunday I fed the three little girls, the rest of us fasted.  We had home Sacrament meeting.  After lunch, we finished Beauty and the Beast. I labeled all the kids' masks for school.  Dan caught a gopher in our new gopher trap!  Unfortunately, it didn't quite kill it, so Dan had to finish the job with a shovel.  After dinner, we played Suspend and Cover Your Assets outside and we FaceTimed grandparents in Hawaii.  We also finished taking care of the Johnson's plants that we watered while they were gone.  

Monday I had a friend swim day at Mantua!  Lara was nice enough to let us come up since she knew most of the friends as well!  We had Kylee Behunin, Meghan Johnson, Rachael Alexander, Erica Day, Sarah Moulton, and Sara Stewart all come.  We all packed lunches and stayed till about 4pm.  That evening, McKenna had virtual back to school night and Ben had baseball practice.  Mickelle came to pick up a package she had mailed here and we hung out outside for a bit.  We had conference and Zoom calls with both sides of the family and watched "Last Man."

Tuesday I went walking with Dan and we saw two baby deer trying to play with a black cat.  After breakfast I had a foot doctor follow-up.  He said things are looking 30-40% better.  I got a toenail antifungal polish as well.  He said if icing and stretching still don't do enough in the next six weeks, I can come in for shock wave therapy to break up the scar tissue.  Ben went to play at Caleb's in SLC.  Alice and Bethany played at the Johnson's.  They all ate lunch together outside.  Then we had Tanner, Copper, Desi, Mabel, and Rai all over here to play.  They did some playdoh and Ben made Luigi and Toad from Mario.  Somehow I still managed to nap in the afternoon and Dan's work submitted their RFP.  After dinner, Brooklyn Ulmer babysat while Dan and I took McKenna to her voice recital.  She did SO awesome!  She sang "I Know Things Now" from Into the Woods.  We got a small treat at Arctic Circle.  Dan had Bishop stuff and I worked on Blurb.  

Wednesday I ran and Dan went biking.  This was supposed to be our kids' first day of school, but it was delayed a week due to a non-teaching employee contracting Covid.  The kids did their Summer homework. After lunch Anna and McKenna went to Winegar's to play.  The kids had piano lessons then Lyla and Hannah Hilbig came over to play.  I worked on fixing our height board.  I got some new Birkenstock sandals to wear around the house in the Summer to help give my feet arches better support.  Dan and I went to Allman's to order new carpet.  After dinner was did baths and unfortunately I had an upset stomach the rest of the night. 

Thursday I felt better, but Dan insisted on taking Bethany for her Kindergarten assessment.  Unfortunately it took WAY longer than expected and he had to reschedule going shooting with Jasper.  I worked on mending, the kids did homework, and McKenna went to Lia's.  Once Dan got back, he took Ben to his Murray office for the afternoon.  I had lunch with the three girls and then Tanner and Cooper came here.  I called Jonathan and after dinner Ben had baseball practice.  We played outside and I hosed down the driveway.  Sadly, it really hurt my elbow/arm quite a bit.  It had been hurting since playing pickleball on the 4th of July.  Anna had a late night watching a movie at Mabel's and Dan and I watched "Last Man."  

Friday I went walking with Rachael.  McKenna went to Winegar's then I started something that was hard to stop. ;) I started blowing and sweeping the loose asphalt rocks in the cul de sac.  Well, Meghan joined me, then Nate Scott joined us, and we did the entire circle!  It took us about 1.5 hours and it was super hot!  After a nice shower and lunch, Dan and I hung our Bryce Canyon picture and leveled the movie posters.  I napped in the afternoon and so did the kids.  McKenna babysat and Dan and I went on a date to Sweeto Burrito.  We also hosted another outdoor movie that night.  We watched an Adam Sandler movie "Bedtime Stories" with the Stewarts, Barnes, Alexanders, Johnsons, and Mabel and her sister.  The air was pretty smokey and there had been cougar sightings in the neighborhood, so it was a little risky, but we still had fun. 

No comments: