Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Oct. 2020- Week 2- Gardner Village, Webster Girls Weekend, Ben to Jordan's BD, Ben Baseball Playoffs/Catcher,

 Thursday Bethnay had a Native American culminating activity a brought home this dream catcher and "pottery" she painted.  After kids were home from school, we ate lunch and then headed to Gardner Village to see the Witches.  Adam and Mia, Swa and Hazel, and Brynn and Charlie came too.  Ben even got his first kiss from a llama.  


McKenna stayed home and Dan worked at his Murray office that day.  I took a picture of Bethany's favorite art (so far) to be put in a Kindergarten art slide show.  We got Del Taco mini shakes on the way home from Gardner Village.  I called Jonathan.  We picked up Ben's blue frame glasses which finally got new updated lenses.  After dinner, Ben had basketball practice then Dan rode his bike to pick him up.  I played on the tramp with the girls till it was dark.  

Friday the four older kids had dentist appointments and we had no cavities!  McKenna and Ben both had SBO meetings.  Here's a couple pictures of Ben and his friends organizing food from their service project.  

After lunch, McKenna had her first in-person band practice.  Ben went to Jordan Slaugh's birthday party at a skate park.  The boys brought bikes or scooters and had a great time!  That afternoon, I left for a Webster Girls' weekend at Mantua.  I rode up with Swa and Brynn.  Once we got there, we napped and I listened to my book.  We played Skull King and then Abril and Laurie met us at Maddox for dinner.  When we got back to the house, we had a great discussion about friendship (prompted by my book club book).  Dan hosted most of the brothers and the cousins for a pizza night.  There's a running joke in the Webster family that when someone gets injured, they need cookies from Crumbl sent to them.  Dan's parents love to see us all getting together, so we just have to fake injuries/dying and they send Crumbl!  :) 

Saturday I was up by 8.  We talked and played Skull King.  We made a couple family history stops to visit the Webster grandparents' graves, and the White family home!  Then we had brunch at Rusted Spoon in Perry.  Unfortunately, the service took forever!  We did our traditional photo shoot and jumping pictures next to the amazing yellow aspen trees at the cemetery.  After eating, we walked around the lake (4.1 miles).  We had a running joke about Laurie's camoflauge making it so part of her couldn't be seen in pictures and we had a blast pretending to drive off and leave anyone who was slow to get in the car.  We ate some Maddox banana cream pie and played another half round of Skull King and I finally won!  Then we cleaned up and left to go home a little after 4pm.  It was such a great 24 hours to chill and reconnect with those sisters that I love so much!  Dan and my parents went to Ben's baseball game which they lost.  Bethany got to have a play date at Mia's with cousins!  My parents stayed for dinner and my mom made rice-a-roni from scratch.  After kids were in bed I talked with my parents and Dan.  


Sunday was fast Sunday.  I fed the three little girls.  I curled my hair.  We had our first 2nd hour Zoom meetings.  After lunch we had the whole family at church for the first time since March.  Dan and Ben got matching ties and are such twins!  Alice did alright but pretty much laid down and snacked the whole time.  It was funny to see what she remembered about being at church.  It made me laugh when she noticed Dan sitting on the stand she said, "Oh there's Dad!  He's sitting up on the porch."  I made Beef stew for dinner. McKenna called Becky to tell her who she was thinking about for her counselors.  After dinner, we went for a walk and started a game of Scrabble.  I made an Amish Friendship bread starter that evening so I could make the bread for book club in ten days.  

Monday was a normal homework and laundry day. Ben had another playoff baseball game that evening and they won!  Ben even played catcher a bit!  The asphalt in front of our new driveway cement was finally poured, two weeks after the cement was, so we could finally park in the garage again!  That night I blogged and Dan watched "Black Panther."  

Tuesday while the kids were at school, Dan and I met over Zoom with a financial planner.  I went outside and weeded for a bit before picking up the kids.  The Whitchurch's car had to go to the shop for a few weeks, so I picked my kids up everyday for a while.  After lunch I weeded some more and listened to my book.  Bethany had dance.  After dinner, Dan worked on washing more windows in the back.  The girls cleaned up and put away the fairy garden.  I took Ben to Jr. Jazz that night and they won 17-13!  Before bed, we gave Anna her Evie halloween costume and she loved it!  I collaged pictures on my phone and Dan watched a show. 

Wednesday I went walking with Rachael after the kids left for school.  That afternoon, after the kids left for piano lessons, I deep cleaned the van which always feels good.  Dan and Ben blew and swept the cul de sac a bit since there was a lot of dirt and new asphalt rocks since our driveway project was completed.  Ben had another baseball game that night, we had a pizza dinner there, and they won again!  That meant they would advance again!  After kids were in bed, Dan and I spent some time looking at our voter ballots.  We also FaceTimed Dan's parents.

No comments: