Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Oct. 2020- Week 1- General Conference, Reupholster Stools, Harrison Bartschi Temple

 Thursday Dan and I went on a lunch date to Cubby's since our Friday night would be busy with Ben's baseball game.  Afterwards, we ran a few errands to Famous Footwear, Michael's, and Smith's.  I had my call with Jonathan then Anna and Bethany had dance and music.  While there were at their activities, the rest of us stopped by the Farmer's Market to buy some of Sarah Moulton's sourdough bread!  After dinner that night, I cleaned the glass on the front outside lights and the garage door windows.  Dan cleaned the windows in the back of the house.  McKenna had YW.  After kids were in bed we watched shows in the theater room.  

Friday I went walking with Rachael and found out John had been diagnosed with Covid.  He picked it up from a nephew who got it from his mom who is a teacher in Utah County.  The kids did their homework and McKenna went to Lia's.  I worked on Blurb and Dan picked up groceries.  The kids played with Rai, Desi and Mabel.  We packed a sandwich picnic dinner to eat at Ben's baseball game.  He played well and got two hits and two runs.  That night, Anna went to Mabel's movie night birthday party.  

Saturday I ran 2.5 miles.  We enjoyed General Conference!  The kids did well listening and coloring and sharing some flavored popcorn from Mabel's party.  In between sessions we went to a park in Centerville for the kids to get out their wiggles.  Adam came over for the afternoon session.  I worked on making a fresh peach cheesecake dessert for that night.  My parents and Mickelle came over that evening for a pizza dinner and we watched the Women's session in the theater room, then we had dessert and celebrated my mom's birthday!  We got her an apron with all our names on it.  Alice seemed to think it was her birthday too.  :) After kids were in bed, we reupholstered the three bar stools that were in the basement.  These stools were from Dan's Webster Grandparents place in Bear Lake.  They certainly don't look professional, but they looks better than they did and now the kids can't pick the foam out of the inside. 


Sunday we made our conference french toast with Sarah Moulton's cheesy sourdough bread and it was amazing!  We watched more General Conference.  The Primary brought over a trail mix "recipe" to help the kids listen, which they really enjoyed.  In between sessions we took a walk around the temple and saw the changing leaves up Holbrook Canyon.  Dan gave me a temple recommend interview since mine had expired.  After the afternoon session the kids played in the basement and we had a Zoom meeting with all the Websters for a General Conference recap.  After dinner, we played outside and talked with Meghan for a bit then the Pugsleys stopped by on a walk and we chatted with them also.  We wrapped up the day with my family conference call. 



*Overall, I felt like a major theme of General Conference was the need to be spiritually prepared in all things, and that trials and difficult times are for our learning and good and for us to prove ourselves.  It's always an inspiring and uplifting weekend, but also difficult with small children.  ;)

Monday was a normal day of laundry, homework, and the kids playing.  Ben played at Grace's and the girls played at the Johnson's.  I also worked on primary music stuff.  We began putting together some special musical numbers for the virtual program.  After dinner, we all went to Boulton Elementary to watch Ben's first basketball practice outside.  We FaceTimed with Dan's parents that night and Dan gave himself a haircut.  

Tuesday after kids were at school, my mom came to babysit.  We took the van to Burt Bros to get some work done, and Dan and I headed to the Provo Temple for Harrison Bartschi's temple endowment! We were so blessed to attend with his two sets of grandparents, his mom, and his aunt and uncle.  I felt so happy to be there!  We're so proud of Harrison and the hard work he's put in over the last few years to prepare to serve a mission!  It was fun to look back at my pictures of him when I was his 1st grade teacher.  :)  When we got home, I took Bethany to dance, Ben and Anna played at the Johnson's and I chatted with my mom.  Ben had his first Jr. Jazz basketball game that night.  McKenna went with the YW to do a quick service of picking up apples in a neighbor's yard.  We got the van back that night and I listened to my book.  

Wednesday I helped in Bethany's class.  After homework, Ben and Bethany played at the Johnson's.  We ate dinner at Ben's baseball game.  They won that night by 1 point and Ben scored 1 run.  After baths and bed, I ordered a Blurb book and Dan had bishop stuff.  That night, Bishop Dan extended a call to McKenna to be the YW class president for the younger age group.  She was nervous and hesitant, but excited to stretch a little.  We assured her she was very qualified.

No comments: