Monday, August 2, 2021

April 2021- Week 2- Anna Immigration Day, Ben Baseball, Mulch, Desi's Baptism, Easter Dinner with my Parents, Blossoms at Capitol, Ugurt,

 Thursday I volunteered at Anna's 2nd Grade Immigration Activity.  I got to be one of the medical examiners in the Ellis Island simulation.  They even had a mini naturalization ceremony.  Then I got to stay and snuggle Anna at her desk while they watched "An American Tale." After lunch I called Jonathan and all the kids had their extra curricular stuff.  After dinner we played outside some and got to bed late.  McKenna had a Young Women Easter Egg Scripture hunt and Dan went on a hike with the YM.  

Friday McKenna had a student council meeting.  I took Ben shoe shopping since he needed some new tennis shoes for the play.  I also took McKenna to band orientation at South Davis Jr. High to meet the director, Mr. Earl.  He was very nice and personable!  Bethany went to play at Adam's.  Anna played with Desi and Mabel.  I got a hair cut and then went on a ministering visit to Amanda Koldewyn. We got dinner to go and went to Ben's baseball game.  Adam and Mia were nice enough to come to the game.  Ben also likes to edit pictures in funny ways.  After kids were in bed that night, I recorded my singing time video and worked on a grocery order.  

Saturday was a busy day!  Ben got a haircut and after breakfast I took McKenna and Ben to Backstage. McKenna had Silks and Ben had his headshots and tech rehearsal from 10-4pm.  The rest of us went to Desi Alexander's baptism.  Then I picked up McKenna and we went back to the Alexander's for lunch.  Anna stayed to play while the rest of us came home and I did yard work.  I weeded while Dan went to the dump and got mulch.  We worked outside from 1:30-5:30!  It was warm but not too warm, thankfully.  Also, the kids (Anna, Desi, Bethany, and Billy) seemed to think it was warm enough they got on their swim suits and sprayed each other with squirt bottles.  We had a pizza dinner at watched the live action "Aladdin" in the theater room.  Alice stayed up late since we found her napping earlier in the day.  I uploaded my singing time video to the ward blog.  

Sunday was fast Sunday and we watched my video for at home Primary.  The kids behavior was not great and I struggle so much with keeping my patience.  :(  We had our Zoom church classes, lunch, and I watched "Don't Miss This."  I had my family conference call, then we had a Zoom Nelson Family Conference recap call.  That evening, we had our belated Easter dinner with my parents since everyone's colds were feeling better.  Alice is so cute and always talks SO much to my parents when they come over.  We did an Easter egg activity telling the Easter story.  After kids were in bed I worked on my talk and Dan went on a visit.  This was also the first time since October that we felt pretty comfortable being around my parents without masks on since they are fully vaccinated and Dan and I were halfway vaccinated.   :)  It felt so great!  

Monday Bethany was finally able to go back to school since her cold had gotten better!  I did the usual laundry and some other cleaning since I would be hosting book club the next day.  Autumn and Amy came for an outdoor visit.  Dan and Ben went to watch Alexander Holdstock play baseball.  I ran to the store for a few dinner ingredients.  After dinner, we went to the state capitol building to see the cherry blossoms, then we got a treat at Ugurt.  Alice had a hard time going to bed again.  

Tuesday I worked more on cleaning.  Ben had rehearsal and Bethany had dance.  That night was book club for the book "Lovely War."  It was great to be with friends and we were still masked.  We had strong winds that night and Alice came in a 4am.  

Wednesday the kids had piano and my big accomplishment was that I made my first ever batch of peasant bread to go with some soup we would be having. That afternoon, Ben worked on learning to solve a 3X3 Rubik's Cube.  He also had rehearsal and Hallie came over to play with Bethany.

No comments: