Monday, August 2, 2021

April 2021- Week 1- Spring Break- Ogden, General Conference, Easter, Kids Sick, Covid Vaccine, Chitty's BD

Thursday we woke up, packed and headed to the Aerospace Museum where we met the Stewarts & Adam and Mia there.  Our family had never been and we thought it was super cool! 
 

After that, we went to the Burger Bar for lunch.  It was really yummy and Dan shared a shake with the kids, spooning it in rather quickly at times.  :)  Then we drove past the Layton Temple site.  
We drove to Ogden to stay overnight in a hotel.  We walked to Deseret Book and let the kids shop for something they could enjoy over Conference weekend.  We took some cute pictures along the walk.  

After that, we met my parents at Zuppas for dinner.  Then we went back to the hotel to swim and unfortunately the pool heater was broken, so we spent most of the time crammed in the hot tub.  

We watched some TV before bed.  Once kids were asleep, we finished the "Murder Among the Mormons" and I worked on a grocery order.  It was not a great night's sleep since Anna and Ben were both coughing and sneezing a bunch. :(  

Friday after breakfast and packing up, we went on a nature walk around Ogden Pond.  The weather was lovely!  

After that, we met Mickelle at the Dinosaur park. This was our first time and it was way cooler than I thought it was going to be.   

We picked up groceries on the way home and Dan went to help Jordan and Lindsey Jensen move to their new place, which was our old Applewood condo we first moved into this ward!  I boiled some eggs and we dyed them once Dan got home.  McKenna babysat for the Chadwick's that night and Dan had a virtual Canada, Winnipeg mission reunion with President and Sister Clove!  


Saturday we celebrated Easter!  The kids hunted for and collected candy and we had bunny pancakes for breakfast! 
We watched to the first session of General Conference.  The kids colored and the girls played Barbies, and listened pretty well and Dan and Ben worked on building his new Salt Lake Temple made of metal.  We then went outside to play and spray silly string at each other.  
McKenna and I visited the Estate Sale across the street and we had egg salad for lunch.  We watched more General Conference then Dan gave himself a haircut and we played outside more.  My parents stopped by but didn't come in because some of my kids had colds.  For dinner we ate separately; kids downstairs, mom and dad upstairs, so we could watch the Priesthood session alone.  The kids watched "Hercules".
Sunday we had regular breakfast and gave the girls new Easter dresses and Ben & Dan got matching Easter ties.  I did the girls' hair during General Conference and the boys continued to work on the metal temple.  In between sessions, we went for a walk around the temple and took some pictures.  We had a fun snack lunch.  
Fun to see how they've grown in a year. 
I love Alice's lip picker and fist under her chin.  :)
Ben and Dan finished the temple and it looks so cool! 
We had french toast for dinner and Dan played a couple rounds of the duckie game with the girls.  Alice had a hard time going to bed that night (and other nights).  
Monday Ben and Bethany stayed home from school with colds.  Alex Boes came over later to play with Anna.  They stayed outside most of the time until a little storm rolled in and it turned windy and cold.  After dinner we watched Relative Race.  After kids were in bed I watched "Don't Miss This" and a bit of the NCAA championship game.  

Tuesday Bethany still stayed home from school.  After kids were home, Dan and I went on a lunch date to Nacho Daddy downtown and then went to the Salt Palace to get our Covid-19 vaccine (Johnson and Johnson).  We treated ourselves to a little Pie Fight after that.  
Ben had a dress rehearsal, Bethany had dance, McKenna went to Lyla's and I snuggled the A-team.  After kids were in bed I worked on my talk for RS conference and both Dan and I started feeling a little jittery.  

Wednesday I woke up feeling awful!  I had a headache, body aches, felt nauseous, and super tired.  Dan said he felt tired but no other major side effects.  After eating and taking some meds I felt lots better.  I worked on planning my primary singing time video.  Bethany was still sick at home.  The kids had piano and I worked on my talk some more.  Henry and Desi came to play.  Ben and Dan went to Ben's baseball practice.  After baths, McKenna babysat while Dan and I went to his friend Chitty's 40th BD where he received a group gift- his dream acoustic guitar.  

No comments: