Thursday, May 13, 2021

March 2021- Week 4- Lots of Play Dates, FWF At the Park, Spring Break, Swimming in Layton, Raya, Puzzle

 Monday was a normal morning with an epic tantrum when I had to turn off Alice's show to drive carpool.  After homework, I took McKenna fabric shopping to buy fabric for a YW pillow case sewing activity.  I babysat Emmy and Cooper and Rai in the late afternoon.  After dinner we watched "Relative Race." 

Tuesday I took the van to Burt Bros for a safety and emissions check so I could renew my registration. Once it was done, Alice played outside on the trampoline and the big kids joined for a few once they got home from school.  McKenna got back a book project (diorama) which was a scene from the one of the books from the Selection Series.  After homework I had my story writing class.  Bethany had a Zoom dance performance and Anna played at the Johnson's.  After dinner, we actually had some down time where the girls played nicely and I was able to work more on my next story for my class.  

Wednesday I volunteered in Bethany's class.  Afterwards, she had a Mt. Rushmore activity and brought this cute thing home.  The big kids had piano and played outside.  I'm always so thankful when the weather becomes Spring-like!  After dinner and baths, I worked on one of the puzzles we got for Christmas.  

Thursday was a free dress day for the kids.  Here's a picture of Alice showing them she knows how to do Ben's Lego infinity cube.  Dan worked in Murray. After helping with homework, I tried to work on my Relief Society talk and had my call with Jonathan.  Ben brought home a homemade oven he made in school.  Anna also had a Zoom dance performance.  We all kind of ate dinner separately since Ben had rehearsal and our schedules were all over the place.  I took McKenna to YW and set up my sewing machine for her to use for the pillow cases.  I worked more on the puzzle, worked on Blurb, and Dan and I made some Spring Break plans. 

Friday I helped the kids with homework in the morning and put together a grocery order.  After lunch, Bethany played at Mia's house, Lia played here, and Ben played at Henry Alexander's.  Anna played at the Johnson's.  I worked on the puzzle and blogged a little.  Dan and Ben went to a soccer game for Jagger West.  That evening, Dan and I went on a date to Firehouse Subs and he thought it was so cool he could fill his drink without touching the machine by using an app.  Then we picked up groceries.  After kids were in bed, McKenna and Ben watched the 6th Harry Potter since Ben had recently finished the book.  It's always nice to see them getting a long!  Dan and I watched two comedy specials on Netflix.  

Saturday I listened to my book while walking on the treadmill.  Dan worked on the downstairs half bathroom and I took Ben and Lia to Backstage.  I worked one some weeding in the yard and listened more to my book.  Ben went to Grant Enquist's BD party at Farmington station.  Anna went to Emi Atkin's house.   McKenna fed the little girls lunch.  After a nap, I took the girls to Hogan park for McKenna to play with Zoe Molino and her cousins who were in town from CA.  It was an FWF meeting (Fashion With Friends).  After dinner, I did some cleaning and Dan worked more on the bathroom.  Alice was up late and I blogged some more.  

Sunday Anna had developed a cold, so we had at home church which is always harder for me than in person.  The kids have a harder time listening at home and I often lose my temper.  I hate losing my temper!  Grandfather came out with a new message about Easter.  I did a Primary lesson with the kids then we had our Zoom meetings.  I had my usual quite afternoon with "Don't Miss This" and my conference call.  Alice and I took a nap together too (two weeks in a row of Sunday naps pictured below).  After dinner we went on a walk and stopped to talk with the Wests, the McKinley's form the 6th ward, and Katie and Jake Brown.  We watched Relative Race after dinner.  

Monday was the first day of Spring Break!  The kids were surprisingly on board with doing some chores!  We cleaned the basement mostly.  After lunch, Ben and Anna went to the Alexander's.  Tanner Johnson came over.  I helped McKenna set things up in her new bathroom.  We ate dinner in the car that evening while driving up to the Layton Surf and Swim to swim with my parents.  There are waves that turned on every 20 mins.  Afterwards, we had candy and hot chocolate.  After kids were in bed, Dan and I watched "Murder Among the Mormons."  

Tuesday Ben and I finished the Temple Square puzzle we had been working on.  Desi came over to play.  I had the last of my story writing class (for this session).  Afterwards, I took McKenna and Alice to the store to get a few decor items for McKenna's new bathroom.  Sadly, Alice threw quite the tantrum that neither McKenna or I ever want to shop with her again.  After dinner (all things from the freezer), we took the kids to the movie theater to watch the new Disney movie, "Raya."  

Wednesday the kids had piano in the morning and Zoe Martineau came to play with Anna while I did yard work from 1:30-5.  Dan took down Christmas lights and visited an estate sale across the street.  After dinner, McKenna helped with baths while I attended a virtual meeting for Backstage.  I worked on Blurb that night.  


Videos:
Alice “reading,” Ben slow mo, Girls singing after baths, Alice weird eating thing, Drink filling App at Firehouse Subs, Ben magic tricks, Layton Surf and Swim, Puzzle with Ben, Deer in our yard

No comments: