Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Aug. '21- Week 1- Lots of Seussical, Lots of Olympics, Lots of Friends, Submitted Tab Choir Audition, Smoke from CA

 August 1- Sunday was Fast Sunday. I used kazoos in singing time for the song “The Priesthood is Restored.” They kazooed to the fanfare at the beginning and end of the song. We also did an Olympic themed singing time game. Once we got home, I planned for the next week. We had lunch and the kids helped me color some pages for a song help. Ben played with and built these things (a shark, bear, and llama). Dan went to work to help pass out meals for foster families provided by a Utah Football Player. After dinner we had a big storm with tons of rain!  We watched Olympic coverage and Anna made her unicorn light craft.

Aug. 2nd- Monday: McKenna has another week of Summer Band. After breakfast and starting the laundry, I cleaned my room and read over the Tabernacle choir audition stuff again, then I read with Alice. I also blogged in my room. After lunch, Hallie Allred was going to play here but felt nervous, so Bethany went to her house. Unfortunately, Bethany then started to feel sick. She came home and threw up 4 times and napped. :( McKenna and Ben had a Seussical show. I didn't attend, but when I went to pick them up, I took pictures of those who did attend. We watched the Olympics. After kids were in bed, Dan gave someone a blessing and I blogged and watched more Olympics.  

Aug. 3rd- Tuesday: McKenna went to summer band. After breakfast, McKenna, Ben, and Anna had piano lessons. Anna went to Zoe’s and Caleb came here to play with Ben. McKenna went to Lia’s to hang out.  Ben and Caleb tried to make slime, but it didn’t work.  I spent some time in my room. After dinner we found out the empty lot across the cul de sac was for sale.  Dan had bishop stuff and McKenna babysat for the Johnsons. I watched Olympics until we had a porch visit with the Moultons. 


Aug. 4th- Wednesday: After breakfast and summer band, I took the kids to see the “Croods 2.”  Eli and Lola joined us as well. After lunch I read with Alice and had computer time.  I prepped for a voice lesson I would have with Juliann Betenson to help me prepare for sending in my audition recording for the Tabernacle Choir. After dinner, we played outside (I took some pictures of all the kids on the tramp) and I weeded. We did baths and after kids were in bed, Dan had Bishop stuff and I watched the Olympics. Mickelle ended up sleeping here because she had no power for her sleep machine. 


Aug. 5th- Thursday: McKenna had band, and after breakfast and a shower, I read with Alice and worked on a grocery order. I decided to run our Deebot vacuum in my bedroom more often because it hardly (more like never) gets used in the kitchen. Tanner came to play, I practiced singing, then blogged a little. Brittana came to hang out. Ben had a show that night. After dinner, I took Anna, Desi, and Mabel to the stake primary activity. I attended Ben’s show, and Anna had a movie night with her friends. Dan and I watched Olympics and McKenna went to hang out at Megan Hunter’s house with Sophia Whitchurch and cousin Whitney.


Aug. 6th- Friday: I walked on the treadmill and watched the news. Sadly, we had a ton of thick, strong smoke roll in this morning from wildfires in California.  We still attended Whitney’s softball game and took Sophia Whitchurch with us.  After lunch, I had my second voice lesson with Juliann. I came home and felt good enough to make my recorded audition for the Tabernacle Choir.  I read and napped with Alice in my chair in my room. McKenna and Ben got ready for their show.  Bedtime was a little rough with the A-team that night. After McKenna and Ben got home and went to bed, I watched the Olympics with Dan.  I submitted my Tabernacle Choir audition! I feel like I did my best and that no matter what the outcome is, it will be what the Lord wants for me right now.  

Aug. 7- Saturday: I ran 1 mile to see how my hip would do.  It was OK, but not totally better. Ben had baseball practice, and I went to breakfast with the Webster girls and grandpa. I got a delicious açai bowl.  Ben had a matinee show and Dan mowed the lawn. I entered school calendar events in my Google calendar and McKenna went to watch Ben’s show with Zoe. Later, Mickelle babysat while Dan and I went to dinner, then Mickelle and I attended the Seussical show closing night performance! (These are their headshots from the digital program.) (And goofy selfies of Anna and Bethany.)

No comments: