Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Aug. '21- Week 4- McKenna's First Day, Out to Breakfast, Splash Pad with Alice, Auditions.

 Aug. 22nd- Sunday: There were lots of masks in church again, which I was thankful for, due to the First Presidency's recent statement. We sang “Follow the Prophet” in primary. After church, I worked on my lesson for the next week. We had a normal afternoon. After dinner, we had treats outside, then Dan and I attended Stephanie Holdstock’s Dad’s viewing.  After kids were in bed, I watched “Don’t Miss This.” 

Aug. 23rd- Monday: McKenna had her first day of Junior High!  She walked to school with a big group of kids from the ward. I had a LASIK consultation at Hoopes Vision with Dr. Moshafar. He was actually the same doctor I saw for a consultation at the Moran Eye Center back in 2008 before I knew I was pregnant with McKenna. He suggested we wait and gather some more information from my old consult and from my Thyroid doctor. He wanted to be very thorough in checking the stability of my eyes/cornea, which I appreciated.  I worked on laundry and listening to my book when I got home. Kids did homework like normal. After dinner, we played outside and had otter pops. I introduced McKenna to the book “Echo.” Dan and I sat on the porch for a bit after kids were in bed.

Aug. 24th- Tuesday: After the kids left for school, Dan and I went out to breakfast with Alice. I had a dentist appointment then worked on cleaning out my email. I played a little and read with Alice. After school, Desi and Cooper came over to play. Anna and Desi both needed to finish a little homework first, so I called it a "study hall." Ben had rehearsal. And I put away our patriotic decorations. I also had book club that night at Amy Pugsley‘s house discussing the book “The Choice.” It was about a Holocaust survivor and how she healed and lived her life after the war.  A very good book!  (I love Alice's selfies!)

Aug. 25th- Wednesday: After kids were at school and I exercised and showered, I listened to Elder Holland‘s BYU devotional that had many people on social media upset about LGBTQ issues. After school and homework we played outside and hung out in the Moulton’s yard for a bit. We had lemonade and popsicles. Bethany had music and Anna and Ben played with Tanner and Desi. After dinner. Dan did baths and painted the girls’ nails. The YM came over for a planning meeting. I helped McKenna and Ben practice their audition songs. We also decided last minute to have Anna and Bethany audition for Young Anna and Elsa in Frozen, so they practiced as well. After they were in bed, I worked on updating their music/theater resumes and Dan worked on a lesson for Sunday. 


Aug. 26th- Thursday: After kids went to school, I exercised, ate with Alice and she watched shows while I got ready for the day. After lunch I did letters and matching games and wooden trains with Alice.  After kids got home and did homework, Dan stopped by the farmers market and Ben went to rehearsal. McKenna went to Brittana's and then her piano lesson. I also attended a "Frozen" parent meeting and the kids played outside after dinner. Dan and I also talked about our finances a couple of times during the day.


Aug. 27th- Friday: After breakfast, Alice and I went to the Bountiful splash pad with six other moms from the ward. We also watched Emmy Johnson for a little bit before Meghan could join us. We ate lunch there and after I got home I talked with Sarah Moulton a bit and Zaza came over because they were getting new flooring. McKenna went to Neilsen‘s after school with Hannah, Lyla, McKinley, and Jojo. Kelly Kump took the legacy kids to get ice cream. Dan gave himself a haircut and the kids had mac & cheese. They went to Ben‘s baseball game with my parents. Dan and I went to the Children’s Service Society Gala fundraiser. It was outdoors, beautiful weather, and the food was delicious. The fundraising games were very entertaining as well.  The event was emceed by Bob Evans from Fox 13 news. And Governor Herbert was there as well.

Aug. 28th- Saturday: I worked on picture collages in the morning, and after breakfast Ben had a baseball game which they won! We picked up groceries and Ben and Dan blew out sprinkler lines to clear out a clog. After lunch I divided chicken and the kids did a little homework. We had Hokulia and then pizza for dinner at Jake and Abril’s house. The kids stayed to play while Dan and I left to go to the Temple. Adam brought the kids home after. McKenna put them to bed and Dan worked on his lesson that night.

Aug. 29th- Sunday: We had a normal Sunday where I taught “I Lived in Heaven” in Primary and Dan taught a 5th Sunday lesson to the youth. After lunch, Ben and I made Lego gummies. I worked more on the kids’ audition forms and had my family conf call. After dinner, we played outside and I braided Anna and Bethany’s hair to get ready for school picture day. After kids were in bed, we did phone time and Dan worked on Bishop stuff. 


Aug. 30th- Monday: McKenna ended up staying home half the day because of stomach issues. Bethany ended up staying home the whole day because of a cough. Bethany and Alice watched a lot of shows. Dan took McKenna to school when he went to lunch with Jasper. I worked on laundry and watched “Don’t Miss This.” Later, while kids did homework, I worked on cleaning up the computer desk. After dinner, I took McKenna to her audition at Backstage. Ben had a headache that night and Dan worked on Bishop stuff. 


**Aug. 31st- Tuesday: After kids left for school, I collaged pictures and then had to run McKenna’s laptop to her at school. After breakfast, Alice and I went to a primary meeting at the Pugsley’s. I worked on paying bills and Primary stuff. After lunch I read books with Alice. McKenna got home from school and we found out she got a callback for a Little Red in the show "Into the Woods". That afternoon Anna and Bethany went to the Kumps to play with Leela. Cooper also came over to play for a little bit. We practiced Ben, Anna and Bethany‘s auditions. Bethany had dance and Ben had baseball. We left the baseball game a little early for the auditions. I felt so proud of all three of them especially Anna, who looked like she was going to burst into tears as she walked into the audition room. On the way home, Bethany asked when they get the scripts. I loved her enthusiasm but had to tell her we’re not even sure if they’ll make the play.


No comments: