Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Aug. '21- Week 3- Mantua Friends' Swim Day, First Day of School!, McKenna with Dan/Practice Locker, Mabel's Play, Luke's Party

 Aug. 15th- Sunday: We had Stake Conference. I loved Pres. Farnes’ talk about "what am I letting influence and entice me?" Afterwards, we had a potluck lunch with the Moultons and Pugsleys at the Moulton's. We stayed there from 1-4pm. At home we prepped fruit and Dan went to the baptism of the that Marshallese couple, then we had our final Webster family dinner with Dan’s parents before they headed back to Hawaii for another semester of their mission. We visited outside with the Johnsons and Boes after that, then put kids to bed. 

Aug. 16th- Monday: We went to Mantua for a friends swim day! Kylee Behunin, Meghan Johnson, Erica Day, and Amy Pugsley all came. I vacuumed the clubhouse because kids were too scared to play in it with all the dead bugs.  It was still smoky up there but we had a good time talking and swimming and playing. I listened to my book on the drive home and met Dan at the baseball field for Ben’s game.  After kids were in bed we talked about flights to Alabama for Thanksgiving with my parents and Mickelle.

Aug. 17th- Tuesday: The three older kids had piano lessons we said goodbye to Dan’s parents. I weeded outside, the girls watched shows and Rai also came over to play. After lunch, Ben babysat while I took McKenna shopping. That night we did our back to school dinner (pancakes!) and the kids loved coloring on the paper tablecloth.  We had a little lesson, organized masks, and then Dan gave them a father's priesthood blessing.  After kids were in bed we had a big storm, I calendared stuff, we watched half of the movie the Martian, and we booked our flights to Alabama for Thanksgiving!

Aug. 18th- Wednesday was the First Day of School for Ben, Anna and Bethany! We all drove the kids together and walked them in even though it was rainy! Dan went to the temple after that. I listened to my book. It was only a half day and picking up kids took a long time like usual on the first couple of days. Nate Johnsen came to hang out with Ben that afternoon. I went to music with Bethany. McKenna babysat that evening for Meghan. After kids were in bed, Ben and I talked more about his audition song. I worked on my primary lesson and Dan got home late from Bishop stuff. 

Aug. 19th- Thursday: The 3 middle kids got off to school like normal. McKenna slept in till 10! I listened more to my book and blogged. I went to the North Campus to help with their summer reading reward which was otter pops and a quick 20min show called “Stick Man.” After the kids were home and we ate lunch, Tanner came over and we listened for Emmy while Meghan and Cooper were at Let’s Play Music. Later, Oliver, Ellie, and Alex Boes came here to play. Phebe Reudter and Korie Brown also stopped by. The kids played on the silk a lot. That night after dinner, Dan and McKenna went out to play night games with other kids in the neighborhood.  I continued to try to blog and worked on filling out the kids’ audition forms for Backstage. 

Aug. 20th- Friday: After kids went to school, McKenna went with Dan to work. I walked and watched the news and ate with Alice and watched Marco Polos. Every day this week the afternoon carline to pick up kids got faster and faster, thank goodness. After kids were home and after lunch, McKenna and I went with the Moultons and did a practice "walk to school." Then, we walked to all her classes again. Last, we tried her locker. It took several tried to get it figured out! It was tricky.  After we got home, McKenna went to Hannah Hilbig’s escape room party.  Ben had put together a Lego (knockoff) Book of Mormon scene with Lehi, Sariah, and Nephi. I took the middle three to see Mabel perform in Spotlight Theater’s "Descendants." Mabel played the part of Jane.  That night, we hosted an outdoor movie which was the live action “Beauty and the Beast.” It was chilly, but fun! 

Aug. 21st- Saturday: Ben had baseball practice after breakfast. I weeded and listened to my book. Dan edged and mowed and picked up groceries. After lunch, Ben went to Luke Voehl’s birthday pool party, then Eli Forbes’ swimming birthday party as well. They overlapped a little, so he split the time between the two. I took McKenns to TJMaxx for a few more back to school clothing items. After baths and the kids had mac and cheese, Dan and I went to Texas Roadhouse and ran a few errands. I cleaned up the kitchen, Dan picked up Jake and Abril from the airport. I worked on going through and deleting emails.

No comments: