Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Viva Voce!

Some of you may or may not know I'm in a women's choir called Viva Voce! I auditioned and joined in January and we had our first concert today. It was actually more of a festival where we invited high school choirs to come perform for us and we performed for them. I love singing in this awesomely GOOD choir! This is a picture of our costume- a nice SPARKLY jacket. Of course my wonderful husband DAN came to support me. Thanks love! Dan's fabulous mom came too. She used to be in the choir before they went on their mission 3 years ago. She's the one who encouraged me to audition. So thanks Sylvia/Mom for helping me get involved in this! I would put the link for the choir but it's not working right now. Check back later.


Real quick, I also wanted to mention that today was my 100th day of school (this school year)!! I had my first graders each bring 100 items (cereal, pennies, paper clips, candy...). They wrote about what they would do with $100, drew pictures of what they might look like when they turn 100 years old, put together a 100 piece puzzel, read a story with 100 words and did a dot-to-dot with 100 dots. We also did 100 jumping jacks. It was a fun filled day with lots of 100 things!









9 comments:

Liz O. said...

Once again, congrats on Viva Voce! They are lucky to have talented you!

Brynn said...

You're the best teacher! Pretty sparkly dress, and I'm glad you're loving Viva Voce! Hooray for singing!

Sibber said...

You were AWESOME!! The choir sounded amazingly beautiful... I LOVED IT!! You look incredible, as well! :) Thanks Dan for lettin me tag along wit'cha!

Anonymous said...

Very sparkly jacket... However, may I just say it is a bit old lady-ish... (I only write this because Dan's mom and sister have already commented ;)

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

Holy Moly! I didnt' know you were in Viva Voce! Tha tis so awesome! I bet it is fun to be with a few of the aunties too! way to go babers!

Mindy said...

Laura, you are so beautiful! I think this everytime I see a photo of you! You have an amazing voice too! Woman, you've got it all! AND: you are so stinkin' fun and creative with your little kiddies! None of my teachers EVER did anything spectacular for day 100!! :)

Mindy said...

Curses! You have ANOTHER friend named Mindy? Hmph! I like being the only one. Fine, I will share my name with her.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on making it to the Viva Voce!! that is really awesome! I am really happy for you!!! And you look so beautiful in your dress!!!

emily mcd said...

GORGEOUS AND WONDERFUL! OH how glad I am that Dan found you! What a pair! You two are so GREAT! Congrats again on Viva Voce. That is so great. You'll have to keep us posted on when your performances are!