Sunday, April 6, 2008

Conference and an Announcement!!

It is a Thompson family tradition during our Church's General Conference to have my dad's yummy french toast. Now, this is not just ANY french toast. We put two pieces of toast together with CHEESE in the middle! Don't knock it till you've tried it. Dan has been converted to it. You can too! :) My sister was staying with us this weekend as well. Hence the third place setting you may have noticed. We have greatly enjoyed this historic General Conference. We have been inspired and fed spiritually! We are so thankful for our new prophet Pres. Thomas S. Monson. He has been called of God and we look forward to many more years of his stories and teachings!
Our next exciting news is that we are PREGNANT! (That's what the plus sign means :)) I'm due October 15th!! This will be Webster grandbaby #6 and Thompson grandbaby #3. We're so very excited to be parents and to have a little one to love and that will bless our lives. I have already been blessed in that I haven't been very sick at all. I'm mostly tired and hungry all the time. Dan has been taking good care of me and has "put up with" my moodiness thus far. Thanks love! I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful husband! We still have another month or so until we find out the gender, so we'll keep you posted.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS on the baby news that is so exciting and having a baby is such a wonderful blessing and I know yours will be one too. So congrats and the frnch toast thing sounds really good. I'll have to try it sometime. So congrats again that is so exciting.

Brynn said...

WOO WOO!!! SO HAPPY!!! HOORAY FOR YOUR FETUS! :);)

Melissa and Nate said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats! You two will be such awesome parents!! That is one lucky baby!

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

Seriously...best news EVER! Unsaaaa!!!! (ask dan!)

Mindy said...

Like you put the French toast story about the soon-to-be parents story! :) I already said congrats on Facebook, but I will here too: Congrats! :) If it's a girl, you should probably name her Mindy.

Sibber said...

HOORAY FOR BABIES AND FINALLY BEING ABLE TO TELL PEOPLE! :) LOVE YOU!

Scott said...

Congratulations!!! We're so excited for you. Hope to see you in July.

P.S. Babies cry a lot

Brooke said...

YIPEE!!!! We are ecstatic for you! What WONDERFUL NEWS! Some child up there is jumping for joy at the prospect of getting sent to your home :)

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Yeah for spaghetti sauce :) And yeah for french toast! It is the best!!! And yeah I can finally openly discuss all the not so pleasant things of pregnancy with you! I love you my well hydrated sister!

emily mcd said...

WAHOOIE!! Congratulations times a ga-jillion! We are thrilled for you. You will be so great, you ARE so great! What a lucky little munchkin to get you two for parents. We love you guys!

Jones said...

October is a great month to have a baby! we liked it so much that we decided to do it again, only this time on the 28th instead of the 21st. I've been feeling hungry and tired, but not sick, just like you! Congrats, we're both very excited for you--Trev and Kristin

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

PS...I think you should get a belly baby count down like Sandra...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you guys! Laura, your symptoms sound VERY similar to the ones I had with my little girl. Can't wait to hear what you are having! Congrats again!

joel and laura michelle said...

awww how very awesome for you guys. congrats! you will be wonderful parents :) can't wait to see this little one.

katie b. p. said...

HAHahahahshahahahhaah I can't believe you took a picture of your prego test! Hahahah, urine hands. I am so so so pumped for you!

Richard Sedwick said...

Awesome! I'm excited for you guys, and a little jealous...

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Annoucements, Annoucements, Announcements... A horrible death to die, a horrible death to die, a horrible death to be talked to death, a horrible death to die. Annoucement, annoucements, annoucements :)

Brynn said...

Urine hands....ha ha ha ha

Brandon & Meghan said...

Hello. I am in Dan's classes and work with him! I just found your family blog, thought I would say hello & congrats to everything new in your life:)

Max Fam said...

Congrats guys! So exciting!! What Nelson great grandbaby will this be? Owen can't wait for another cousin!

You need to send me your french toast recipe! We do one with cream cheese and ham in it, and it's to die for! mmmmmmm.....

Alyson said...

Mmm, cheesy french toast! *slurps* (You can tell I'm a Thompson, eh? Even after becoming vegan, I'd buy the special cheese to continue consuming this delicacy. Works on pancakes too.)