Tuesday, April 29, 2008

End of April update

My students like to give me things. :) For those of you who don't know, the elementary school I teach at is a year round school (meaning 9 weeks teaching, 3 weeks break, including my "summer" break). Every 9 weeks when I'm about to go off track, I try to clean up my classroom a little bit. In doing this, I found easily over 100 pictures which my students have colored and given to me. Aren't they so generous! Now, what should I do with them all?? P.S.- I'm very excited to be off track now for the next two and a half weeks!! I plan to rest a lot and watch my belly grow bigger. :)

Also, the Utah Transit Authority (UTA) just opened up a new commuter rail called the FrontRunner train. One of the stops is two blocks from the elementary school where I teach. Free rides were being offered from April 26th-30th, and since this train practically runs right through these kids' backyards, I took advantage of the 'freeness' and our class went for a ride!

Don't they look excited??

Channel 2 News was even there to interview quite a few of my students! They got to be on the 5 o'clock news on Monday night.

In other news, the pregnancy is still going quite well. (More pictures later). My belly button is starting to change shape. It was pretty shallow to begin with, so I think it will only be a matter of time before it's flat, or becomes an outie... Ah, good times.

We are also loving our NEW CAR! It's working prefectly! Go figure.
Dan just started his summer internship at Utah Foster Care Foundation. He said his first day was a bit like drinking from a firehose and he's "still thirsty." He met a lot of new people and will have to meet them all again at least 3 times before he can remember their names. He will still be working at the subtance abuse day treatment facility part time during the summer to help with our family income. Other exciting news is Dan's life is his GRADUATION will be this Thursday and Friday (more pictures to follow). He's such a hard worker and even though the semester is over, he's still quite busy. He also puts off organizing his stuff until he has a good chunk of time to do so.

Exhibit A:
(Dan here) Does anybody else have an "I'm too lazy to take it upstairs to organize and put it away" pile? I figured since we don't really go upstairs much, and this stairway is out of the way, it makes a good organizational purgatory. Right?

Thanks for reading this random post. This was more of a public journal entry than anything important. More to come next time...

11 comments:

Butler Family said...

You always post good things on here and I love coming to read it!!! Your class is just way too cute and thats awesome that you have 3 weeks off. That will be nice!!!

Adam's Blog said...

That post was most enlightening and very fun! I LOVED it! Those kids, Laura, are darling! What a fun teacher they have! I love the stair way to organization! Long may it live! :)

Adam's Blog said...

that was mom by the way...

Mindy said...

I like you. The end. :)

joel and laura michelle said...

you are such a cute teacher! enjoy your time off! grow baby belly grow!

Kel said...

You could scan your favorites (the kids' drawings) and save them digitally. That is what we do with toddler art work around here. Our stairs in our old place looked just like yours! Congrats to Dan on graduation!

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

Oh, I have piles like that all over m y house! They are "things that I don't want to get off my butt and put away" piles! They are all OVER the house! Seriously!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

So, because I am thinking about it... When do kids start school? In the year they turn 5? As in, would Kari be starting school next year?

Marie said...

Oh my gosh! I've been a bad blog-reader for the past while, so I just found out you're expecting a baby! I'm so incredibly happy for you. There is nothing more amazing in life than parenthood. You will wonder what meaning your life ever had before your child was born.

Megan said...

Hey guys! I just came across your blog. Congratulations on your soon-to-be-born child! Having a baby is so much fun! I mean sure, lots of work, less sleep, blah, blah, blah. But MORE THAN ANYTHING fun! At the end of the day Ry and I just sit and talk about all the cute new things Ty did that day, and how absolutely adorable he is, and how he's growing so fast... It's so silly! I love it! You guys will be awesome parents. I know I don't really know you Laura, but if you married Dan Webster, you've got to be one of the COOLEST, nicest girls on the face of the planet! :) Hey, speaking of parents, you guys are in my parents' ward!

Brynn said...

We should to belly pictures in...ummm..about 10 days. Ok? :)