Saturday, April 19, 2008

My Awesome Wife...

I would like to take a moment and brag about my wife for a few moments, since she's not very good at being prideful. As mentioned in a previous post, LT took the National Praxis exam in order to maintain her state license to teach. She was so nervous and didn't feel very prepared to take it, due to the recent baby news.
Today we got her test scores back and, well ladies and gents, SHE ROCKED IT! The possible score range is 100-200, with the average performance range being 167-182. Her score was 193!! She was perfect (no big surprise) in four out of the six categories. She even received a letter and a Recognition of Excellence certificate from the testing service telling her that she scored in the top 15% of everyone who has ever taken the test...EVER! I wish I could do that well on such a huge test.

What a smarty pants I married! Seriously, i'm so proud of this little lady and this only further confirms how GREAT of a teacher she really is. Her students are so lucky to have her as their teacher.

Also, as we reach the end of week 14, we thought it would be a good time to see how the prego lady is growing:

In other news, we bought a car! A deal presented itself to purchase a 2005 Toyota Camry with low mileage, and a clean record (thanks CARFAX) and we jumped on it. On a whim we even traded in my Subaru with the bogus transmission and they gave us $800, WAY more than we thought we'd get for it. Sorry Kidney Foundation! It's pretty great to be driving a car that a) accelerates past 25 mph, 2)has a working radio/cd player, III) doesn't moan at me when going over any bump, and four) won't leave us stranded in Provo again.

We are so blessed to have the means and support in making another huge purchase in our lives. The blessings of paying tithing are real folks! The Lord really does work through unusual means and other wonderful people to bless His children and it's awesome to be a part of that.

20 comments:

joel and laura michelle said...

congrats laura. LOOK AT THAT TUMMY :) i love it! you look adorable.you are naturally sooo tiny, you probably popped out pretty quick, huh? hope all is well. much love!

Brynn said...

Way to go Laura!!! And what a cute little baby belly you have!! My only consolation is that I am naturally 10 times bigger than you without babies involved, so that explains why I continue to look like a heifer in comparison! I don't care or anything! :) I love you and seriously...WAY TO GO ON YOUR TEST! That is so awesome!!

Butler Family said...

CONGRATS on doing so wonderfully on your tets!! that is really amazing!!! And you looks o beautiful already with your little belly!!! Just wait til he or she starts kicking and everything it is truly amazing!!! Congrats again on the wonderful test scores!!!

Sibber said...

WHOO HOO TO BOTH! You rock my dear girl! We are so very proud of you on both counts! Way to go!

Sibber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Yeah for little tiny prego belly's! Yeah for super smart ladies. And yeah for Camery's! I love your new car and congrats on everything!

Dave said...

Yay, yay, and yay! (Passing certification, baby bump, and new car!) Sure miss you guys! Looks like everything is going great!

Mindy said...

hahaha! I love it how the kidney foundation just gets gipped!! :) Cute car, by the way! And Laura, you are sooo tiny. Maybe the day you give birth you'll look prego! Also, the photo with the test scores, GORGEOUS! You are lookin' fantastic, woman!! :) Congrats on being 38297492374923 times smarter than me! :) :) :) I heart the Websters. I am tempted to send a congratulatory present ... can you send live animals through the US postal service? :) :)

cat.janer said...

Oh for heaven's sake! LT is a regular Einstein, congrats! Speaking of babies-I think you two should put up some baby names that everyone can vote on. It's like American Idol but for your baby. That would be fantastic.

Laura said...

Laura, Cute baby belly!! Yay for being pregnant!!! :) Have you had any morning sickness so far? Also, congrats on that test too! I bet that was a nice relief to get a sweet score like that. Nice car Dan!

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

Oh, I love your tummy! WTG on the test! that ROCKS! You butt-kicker! Word to your MOM! OH, and the camry rocks the cosmos too! wya to go dudes...October 15th can NOT come soon enough!

Tiff Rudd said...

Congrats on that test Laura! I don't even know you and I'm proud! I took that test a few years ago while pregnant with my first - it was hard! Especially sitting through the whole thing without using the bathroom! :) Luckily you still just have that cute tiny baby bump - I was like a month from delivery and barely fit between the chair and the little fold out desk! Oh, fun memories! :) Anyway, it was fun to check out your blog and catch up a little! You guys make a cute couple and I'm sure will be great parents! Congrats on your new car too! Tiff Rudd

Anonymous said...

Oh, Dan... You're so Cute! Being so Proud of your little wifey... She always has been WAY above average in every way. And, she certainly is that in smarts! She picked you for her hubby!!! You TWO and a HALF are SO LOVED! Congrats on the new car. We know how proud of that you must be. You're doing great! Keep up the good work! Love, Mom & Dad Thompson

Kel said...

All of your news is wonderful. I know this makes me a nerd - but I love getting awesome test results! I am excited to hear about your little one, kids are the greatest!

Jones said...

Laura,
My baby belly beats yours...but don't worry it's only because I'm on #2. They say you show sooner after the first. Good job on the test! We miss you guys!

C C & R said...

Congratulations you two (with the test and the baby)! I'm glad you found us out here in the blogosphere. Stay in touch!

Brooke said...

Hey Dan (and Laura), how's it going! I found your blog during my addictive blog searching and thought I'd say Hi! Congrats on the baby!! And about the car... we here are big fans of paying a little more for a newer car. We've tried the "old car to save money" route but you always end up spending more in the long run!

The Nortons said...

I didn't know that you are a blogger! I am so excited that Laura is pregnant! Congratulations! It looks like life is treating you well. So fun to catch up on your blog! (-Katie Clark)

The Kidds said...

Congratulations on the baby (okay- so this congratulations may be wierd to Laura since we don't know each other- but Dan was one of my favorite people up at Utah State and I feel a little bit obligated to offer some congratulatory comments on his wee one)! My husband and I have a two year old and other one due this summer- I'll miss sleep. Dan found me on facebook- so I hope you don't mind me checking in on your blog once in a while- I'm very nosy.

Love Jess

Alyson said...

We had an exceedingly similar problem with cars this week—*kicks bogus transmission*—and Grandpa Dave and Joan both told us to try going to the place where you guys had bought yours because it turned out so well. :) Never mind that we live, what, 150 miles south of you?

We got a Camry, too! Just today! But much older and cheaper, because our limit was the amount we're getting economically stimulated with.

And I agree, coincidentally, that Laura is freaking awesome. And not just at tests! Cute belly, girl!