Sunday, April 13, 2008

Poor Judd is dead...

So the ending of an era has come...my 97 Subaru Legacy has given up the ghost. I've had this car for about 4 years and we've been through a lot together. I've also spent more money than I care to admit in repairing and keeping it going throughout the years. It finally has gone past the point of no return with the latest transmission repair surpassing its worth, so the next step is donating it to the Kidney Foundation. While it's at the shop waiting for junker tires (since i just bought new tires a month ago) I decided it was time to clean it out before it leaves me forever.
K, you wouldn't believe how much random stuff you find in a car. For instance, in the driver door I found 20 napkins. What on earth would I do with that many napkins? "Just in case" I guess. It's also a reflection on how much I used to eat out and in my car. Gross.
In the driver's seat back pocket I found a picture of some friends from Institute Council that was taken at Luke and Ashlee's wedding reception. How I ended up with that is a mystery.
One of the highlights was finding a small wooden dreidel. I guess there was a phase in my life when I decided to go back to my Judaism roots...really though, a dreidel?
The pièce de résistance was a garter from my cousin's wedding. Tisha, if you want it back I'd be happy to mail it to you. Obviously I don't need it, as it has been sitting in my glove box for years unnoticed.
Other random items include notes from Dave Gray's sealing, $59.53 in cash and change, $3 in Canadian coins, both nametags from the EFY days, and 2 Halloween pictures spanning 6 years.
Moral of the story: CLEAN OUT YOUR CAR! This has given me a new motivation to not hang onto useless things, though i think that the dreidel could come in handy during heavy traffic.
p.s. high fives to whoever guesses the name of the show from which I borrowed this posts' title.

15 comments:

Ricky said...

Oklahoma.
I want my high five please.
-Ricky I.

MichiganMarshes said...

Ricky says to go to a Jazz game and throw the garter from the top stands. Kudos to the lucky person who catches it.

Brynn said...

OKLAHOMA. How did you get on here before me, Ricky?!!

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

59 bucks in change! MAN you are RICH! That should get you started for another car eh?

Brynn said...

BTW Dan...you funny and I planted that driedel long ago in hopes of you converting...

Swa said...

Oklahoma of course, just hope that Haley doesn't see it, cuz that is her husbands name, and she'd be sad if she wasn't the first to know

Mindy said...

Uhm, I have EFY nametags in my car. Although, I own six of them, and only one is in there ... kind of like your napkins, "just in case." :) R.I.P 97SL

Sibber said...

Danny boy.. you crack me up! The other movie title in there was Phantom... you didn't ask, but I thought I'd let you know anyway! :) HAIGH! love you!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Oklahoma rules!!! And if you had that much money sitting in your car, you must be rich!!!

Todd and Melissa said...

I wish that I wasn't so slow. I was going to say Oklahoma. Maybe you can give me a high five anyway. I can't believe you had that much change in your car!

The Johnson's said...

Dan I think you have a thing with stealing from weddings

Vanessa McMillan said...

Sounds like that turned out to be a good day for you if you found that much money. Also I love you baby countdown. I might have to steal that for my blog as well. I hope all is going well with the pregnancy and all!

Nessie
macawesomemcmillans.blogspot.com

Christy said...

If you put the money back in the car, I'll take it off your hands for ya! Oh, and congratulations on the little dumpling! You're finally growing up!

Tiff Rudd said...

I love your posts. The one on STDs was particularly interesting. Hope you didn't find any of those in your car! Good to hear from you Dan.

-ADAM RUDD

Dave said...

Dude, we'd love a copy of the notes from our sealing if you still have them! Oh! and Oklahoma!...What, I'm not the first? Snap!