Monday, October 6, 2008

Baby Shower

Week 39! Ready (kind of) and waiting...

The last Saturday in September, the Webster/Nelson side of the family were so kind to throw a baby shower for our little girl. Special thanks to Dan's mom, sisters, and sister-in-law for putting it all together. It was BEAUTIFUL! The company was wonderful, food was delicious, favors and decor were quite pleasing to the taste buds and eyes, the games were so fun and entertaining, and of course the gifts were VERY generous! We truly felt "showered" with love! Our baby girl will certainly be well taken care of!

My dear friend Mary Delmege was kind enough to document the happy occasion! I thought I could load the pictures on here but something's not working right. So here's a link to the pictures. Her captions pretty well explain the events. Thanks Mare!

I have also had baby showers thrown by my co-workers and my ward. Once again, people are SO thoughtful and generous! Unfortunately no pictures taken. Out of all the wonderful gifts we've received and things that we've bought on our own, we only have a few larger items left to buy. I'm feeling MUCH more prepared now and kind of hope she comes ANY day! I just finished my parent-teacher conferences at school and am making great progress on getting my maternity leave substitute plans ready. Now it's also time for the THANK YOU NOTES!

Our church had it's Semi-anual General Conference this past weekend. We got to hear so many wonderful talks from prophets and apostles. We were inspired and uplifted and now feel like we have great improvements to make in our lives. In case you missed the talks, they'll be available at the previous link on the 9th.

Dan's work is going well and he recently passed his licensing test to become an official Social Service Worker. He doesn't think it was as awful as the bar exam his brother-in-law recently aced, but he says it sure seemed like it. In addition to being more marketable in the workforce in the future, he will be able to sign a couple of letters after his name...WOO HOO! Way to go Danny Boy!

p.s. 9 DAYS!! HOLY CRAP!!! -Dan

9 comments:

Butler Family said...

You do look more ready now!! I hope she comes soon too. We can't wait to see pictures of her!! You still look fantastic!!

joel and laura michelle said...

any day now and you are going to be a mom!! wow :) i'm sad i couldnt' come to one of your showers, but i have something i want to send you. when you get a second, could you please email me your address? thanks. much love!

Mindy said...

I just have to say how I love that everyone prego photo is taken with you standing in the exact same spot. Looove it. GOOD LUCK in the upcoming days! I'm kinda getting nervous for you! :)

Laura said...

Holy cow, I can't believe you are 9 days away!!!! How exciting!!!! I can't wait for baby girl Webster to be born adn see her cute little face!!!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Tag. And go into labor already!!!

hillary and britton said...

Laura have you had your baby girl yet?! I can't wait to hear about everything. Hope all is well!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Time for another blog update. And some more pictures!!! It is hard waiting!

Brynn said...

That's a relief...according to your counter, you still have two days to go. Whew!

Sibber said...

Well... you still look awesome! Shes' just not done cooking! Love ya!