Saturday, October 18, 2008

Over-cooked

Hello all! We just wanted to give a quick update- No baby yet. :( She must have decided to settle in for the winter... Anyway, I had an appointment yesterday when I was 40 weeks and 2 days. I'm still 80-90% effaced and only about 1cm+ dialated (same as the week before). My (awesome) doctor informed me that the hospital has a rule where they won't even think about inducing first time moms until they are at least a full week overdue. (SIGH) So I have an induction date set up for next Thursday the 23rd! That still seems so far away! And I know it's better to wait and see if she'll come on her own- so I'll try my best to be patient.
The good news is, because she's coming late, we've had plenty of time to get/feel "ready". We've cleaned a bunch and bought pretty much all the essentials. Including this new CAMERA!! Yea! No more cell phone pictures! I got my hair trimmed and even had my visiting teachers come over for the month. We're pretty much just twiddling our thumbs now... We'll keep you posted.

P.S.- The discomforts of being 9 months pregnant are of course difficult. BUT- I'm trying to enjoy these last few days DAN and I have together- JUST US! He's so sweet to me and takes wonderful care of my aches and pains. He's even taken me for some long walks to try to get things moving along... He may be more anxious than I am at times. I love you DAN!

12 comments:

Mary said...

yay, new camera, and it is a cannon! good choice. i think mickelle is tired of me asking at work what is going on. i hope you have fun with your parents this weekend!

xoxo

Crystal said...

Thanks for the update! I have been checking in to see if there have been any announcements! :) I hope she comes before the 23rd, but if not, at least you have an end in sight!! I can't wait to see pictures of you beautiful little girl.

Butler Family said...

Awesome camera. It is definently nice to have a camera around once you have a kid cause you are going to want to take pics all the time of your little bundle of joy:) Well I hope she comes out before you get induced. I can't wait for you guys to be parents. You are going to be such amazing parents to that little angel:)

Tiff said...

I'm sure that is not easy, but is does sound wonderful to be all ready and waiting! Way to go Dan for taking care of your girls and I am very impressed with your positive attitude in enjoying the time just the two of you! That is awesome! Good luck with the delivery when she decides to come! Can't wait to see pictures!

Tiff and Adam Rudd

Sibber said...

I love Dan, too!! And you, of course! :) Keep walking!

Kristi Veale said...

Can't wait to see pictures of the new little person once she comes into your life. It will be so very different with a baby that turns into a kid. My how time flies...I still remember when my babies were really babies.

Jones said...

We hope she shows up before you have to be induced...from what I hear it's not too fun. Everyone keeps asking me if I've had the baby yet too, and I keep reminding them that I'm not due until the 31st...I just look REALLY big. Hang in there!

Mindy said...

I check your blog every day. I want to see her! Well, I am sure you want to see her a little bit more than I do ... but still! :) GOOD LUCK!

Alyson said...

:) Went over with more than I went under with, by a long shot.

Your belly is so cute, it looks just like a volleyball shoved under your shirt.

Just got an email from your dad. So, so cute. Good job! :)

Butler Family said...

I heard you had your little angel. CONGRATS:) I can't wait to see pictures:)

Laura said...

Oh man, Katelyn was over cooked too... that's so hard! Why don't babies know they need to come on their due date?! :) Hopefully she'll decided to come before the inducement date... but if not, that is Scott's b-day so he'll be excited about that! ... that way you'll never forget his b-day. ;) jk Seriously, it's so hard to wait, hopefully she'll surprise you and decide to come on out to the world soon!

hillary and britton said...

Oh Laura! I feel your pain. I was 1 week overdue with Nora before my doctor decided to induce me! Britton and I went on walks around the Provo temple every evening and nothing seemed to help. I think due dates are overated! It will all be worth it when you see your little girl. Good luck!