Thursday, October 30, 2008

More McKenna

So, I don't know if I'll ever be able to post about anything else now except McKenna. She pretty much runs our lives! My recovery is going well so far. I'm feeling a little bit stronger everyday. My mom has been a WONDERFUL help! Dan's also been able to take quite a bit of time off of work as well. It's so nice to make this transition together. We've also had many wonderful meals brought to us by ward members and so many awesome visitors!
Here are some highlights of the past week and a half with our new little one.
This is her first sink bath after her cord fell off. This is definitely a two-man job! Dan holds her while I scrub. She has peed and spit up every single bath... Nice work girlie! She actually quite enjoys getting her hair washed too. Daddy loves holding his girl.

Nice cross eyes (on the baby)

Who doesn't love this face?!?! Snuggles with mom
Grandma holding McKenna and look what she found all by herself...
To help me feel a little more energetic we took a walk around the Bountiful temple. One lap took 20 minutes! Like I said- I'm healing slowly but surely.

Both Dan and I have been pooped on.

We're even getting in the holiday spirit with our cute little pumpkin!


Grandma Kelly! SOOOOO helpful! What am I going to do when she has to leave?
Another sweet face!

16 comments:

Megan said...

Oh she is so adorable!!

Butler Family said...

Awwww she is sooo CUTE:) Getting used to no sleep yet? lol

hillary and britton said...

She is so Sweet! Nora is jealous of all of her hair:) Keep going on those walks around the temple. I walked around the Provo temple and it really helped. Glad you're feeling better and better.

Mindy said...

I love her features!! SO CUTE. P.s. I adore the little pink and brown onesies, do you know which ones I am talking about? I am sooo tempted to purchase them with the miracle that one day I get married ... and of course then have kiddies. SHE IS SO CUTE!! P.s. I feel ya on the poop thing ... Except I get pooped on by 30-year-old men at my work. Seriously.

Brynn said...

Pretty sure nobody is going to complain about getting posts of McKenna. What a babe!!!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Totally love the pooped on Pictures!!! :) And the rest too. Glad you are enjoying your transition! Its great to be a mommy :) Keep giving us more pictures!

Crystal said...

McKenna is so beautiful! And I love her name, too! Those are so great pictures.

Erica Huff said...

Dan, Laura, and McKenna! Congratulations! I am an old friend of Dan's from USU days. I found your blog off of Jess's. She is absolutely beautiful. Little girls truly are blessings from heaven. I have three! Glad things are going so well. Also, congratulations on the job.

Alyson said...

She is seriously so cutely precious, gorgeously adorable, I don't know why you'd ever want to post about anything else! ;)

Jones said...

She's adorable! Get used to getting pooped on...you should ask Brooke about her white pants...
Trev and Kristin

Freebairn Family said...

Congratulations, you two! It is so fun to see new parents figuring it all out - and being honest about how much work it is! I hope Laura's feeling better soon (I swear it took me 6 weeks to walk a normal pace again). She's adorable!

joel and laura michelle said...

oooooooh i just loooove this. she is absolutely gorgeous!! you look amazing laura. so happy your mom can be there with you .. and dan, of course :) much love!

Sibber said...

What a cutie pie! Loved all the pictures! SOOOO SWEET AND SO CUTE! Love ya!

heather and ronnie said...

so incredibly cute! i wish i could see her in person!! hope you're doing well!!

Liz Hymas said...

Beautiful! She is so dang Beautiful! Good job you guys! You look amazing!

Casey Jensen said...

Hey Laura!
I found your blog from Bonnie's. It is so fun to see you a a momma! You have a beautiful baby girl!